The Big question

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Hollywood42, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

who will the wings play in their inaugural game and who will San Diego play

Due to distance there is no natural rivalry between the 2 expansion teams so they better not play each other opening night

The story wrote its self, the wings left town to. Connecticut , Philadelphia was granted an expansion franchise . The league needs to bring the Blackwolves to Philadelphia on a Saturday night to open the 2018/2019 season

San Diego can play Colorado , their story line can be govett returns vs the mammoth

2. unspoken

unspoken Member

For home openers they should put Philly against Buffalo and San Diego against Vancouver. Not natural rivalries, but based on the performance/results of last season, should be competitive games which the expansion teams have a decent shot of winning and get those fans (especially first timers in San Diego) back in the arena next game.

3. Hollywood42

All I’m saying is they are missing a huge marketing reach if they don’t send New England to Philadelphia week 1

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

who cares about the opponent, I wanna know what the opening song will be:D

MILLwasbetter and Hollywood42 like this.
  5. Hollywood42

The boys are back in town -thin lizzy

Andrew GEA, MILLwasbetter and dougm like this.
  6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Shoots and Ladders. It's the song of winners, doncha ya know. :p

There's something to be said for the Wings playing Buffalo in the home opener but there might be more hatred for the visitors if it's the Wolves.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I think the Wings should play the Black Wolves at home in their season opener. If not the Black Wolves, then it should be the Bandits.

8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

It will be seals at wings, and thin lizzy... I have been saying that since things were announced

9. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

For the Wings, it will be 1 of 3 Wings games in 7 days followed by 3 straight bye weeks followed by 3 consecutive road games. This is the NLL, after all. :D

RockStar likes this.
  10. AmericanRockFan

It'll also be played at 11am on a Wednesday.

chuckster, Hollywood42 and RockStar like this.
  11. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Active Member

Game presentation is big business that some just don't get, that's cool, the snark was funny.

Philly-NE is the right move so expect the NLL to do Philly- Sask

Hollywood42 and RockStar like this.
  12. Hollywood42

In standard nll fashion the wings home opener won’t be until the second week of January due to the standard Disney on ice block of dates at the Wells Fargo center
    They will play 3 on the road opening in San Diego followed by Rochester and Georgia
    They come home 0/3 and lose to NE

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  13. AmericanRockFan

Paul Rabil will score the winning goal for San Diego in that road game too.

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

dust off that jersey with the homemade Costabile namebar:D

dougm likes this.
  15. swami24

Disney is always out of there by 1/1, but the sentiment is accurate.

16. AmericanRockFan

Even better, then it guarantees that the Wings' home opener versus San Diego will be on Wednesday, December 5 at 11:00am since this league wants to start earlier and earlier!

17. swami24

The Flyers schedule came out. They have a game sat. 1/5 at 1pm. A perfect night for a game, but as I was typing, I realized the season will start in Dec. I also realized that I previously also was.in favor of a first game being vs those BWolves.