The game keeps getting bigger on the Prairies

Discussion in 'Saskatchewan Rush Forum' started by fadlaxdad, Mar 19, 2017.

1. fadlaxdad

fadlaxdad Member

Stackhouse Soapbox - Saskatchewan lacrosse is thrilling Mike Stackhouse / Yorkton This Week March 18, 2017 08:00 AM

"I’m hooked on the Saskatchewan Rush lacrosse team. I took in my second game of the season over the weekend and what a thriller as the Rush rallied to win 12-11 in overtime over the Colorado Mammoth to solidify their hold on first place on the second place Mammoth. It’s hard to believe that there can be 15,000 people at every single game and despite all the regional sports channels this country has to offer, you can’t find a broadcast anywhere unless you pay for the streaming package direct off the NLL website. This would be my favorite sport if I could find enough people to shoot the breeze with about it the way I do with friends who are into hockey, baseball, and football. It’s fast, rough, has plenty of offense, and the atmosphere in the building is indescribable. I do have some concerns about how well the team will be supported once they are no longer a first place team, but let’s enjoy the ride while it lasts. There is no indication they are willing to relinquish their elite status in the NLL. They’ve got a number of well established players and are also bringing along some younger ones who look like they could be stars in the next few years."

- See more at: http://www.yorktonthisweek.com/opinion/columnists/stackhouse-soapbox-saskatchewan-lacrosse-is-thrilling-1.11892343#sthash.GuBavx6i.dpuf

2. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Active Member

Great to hear! With the way its going now and the great atmosphere they've created, I can't imagine attendance would drop THAT far if they had a subpar season. Tickets seem to be in demand.

3. Riders78

Riders78 New Member

Yeah tickets are in high demand. It looks like Fridays game vs Calgary is going to sell out. There are very few tickets left on Ticketmaster.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

That was very good. I commented there inviting him and his readership to join us.

5. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

You'd really think a handful of the Rush fans out there in Saskatoon would post on this message board. But nope.

6. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Active Member

You can't even get to the message boards from Inside Lacrosse or ILIndoor any more. I think they cut us out so we can die a slow death without any new members to keep this place going.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

That, combined with active posters getting banned for no reason, and I think that IL is totally cheering for this forum to die.

8. fadlaxdad

fadlaxdad Member

It looks like Facebook is taking over the discussion boards. All of the new fans will gravitate to Facebook sites that each team maintains or twitter feeds. Here is a Facebook group I have just joined: "NLL Lacrosse Discussion Page". I may periodically come back to the forums...but I agree that this medium may be on the way out. Maybe time to change with the times.

9. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

That's a shame in a way because this place is the real repository of league history. Facebook is less anonymous and with posts having the permanence of being etched in Jell-O.

The #1 thing that bothers me is that IL won't even do its part to promote this board. We've been friendzoned from the rest of IL.