The more things change, the more they stay the same

Discussion in 'New England Black Wolves Forum' started by Hollywood42, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

5 Friday 4 Sunday home games
    Not a pleased fan base on Facebook
    8 road Saturday games
    You're gonna see NEs attendance nosedive back to around 3900 average this year

2. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Are you going to care if Philly gets a team?

3. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'll return to wings fandom

I was set to get wolves ST this season living over 260 miles away but with 5 Friday games Nj to ny traffic alone makes me lol

4. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

I made a Friday drive from Pennsylvania to Connecticut once (the NE of the US feels like a second home; I like to travel there). I'll never do it again. Might as well save your money for the new Philly team.

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

even the Sundays have to suck a bit.

catch em in Rochester, Buffalo, and Toronto and call that your season

6. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

CT traffic is just bad all the time, and I dont even deal.with 95, which is the worst. Fridays and summer Saturdays are the absolute worst.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Clearly I became immune to the I-95 traffic when I was living/working there for a couple years since I don't have many complaints about it other than when I had to drive west of Stamford. Granted, driving on the I-95 in the rain is a BITCH because of how everyone slows down to a crawling snail's pace.

8. swami24

One span of the brand new Tappan Zee bridge openned for west bound traffic.
    That should really help once finished. Amazing project.

9. AmericanRockFan

I've always wondered why a major corporation doesn't come around and sponsor a bridge. Like imagination how much publicity a company would get if the media was forced to refer to the new Tappan Zee Bridge as the AT&T Tappan Zee Bridge the way stadiums have corporate sponsors.

10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

The f*** you will.

BestSeatinHouse likes this.
  11. swami24

Do you really want pi $$ed off people stuck in traffic, and knowing it is "your" roadway?

12. AmericanRockFan

I suppose. But it's not as if fans necessarily boycott stadium sponsors just because a team is doing lousy. When the Leafs sucked, you didn't hear for mass boycotts of Air Canada simply because the Leafs weren't doing well.

13. swami24

When.....?

14. AmericanRockFan

I can't refer to a team that made the playoffs over the past year one that "sucks" ;)

15. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

The leafs could win the cup and they would still suck

16. swami24

Yes, they have made the playoffs a whole 2 times in the last 12 years.

17. AmericanRockFan

Twice in the past five years, and once in the past one year #Progress :cool:

18. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Laffs have precisely the same number of cups in last 40 years as Flyers, Canucks, and Sabres.....with the playoff berth last year, they're presently the top dog out of this sorry collection of ineptitude ;)

when you get down to it, think the only NLL cities with a more recent win are Colorado and Calgary, and those feel like they are 20+ and 30+ for that matter.....NLL cities suck at hockey:D

19. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

So lets talk schedule. Attendance will take a dive on the January 21st home game. One thing the NLL did wrong the first season the Black Wolves were in New England (2015) was schedule a home game during a potential Patriots Playoff game. Attendance for that game was reported 3563 which we all know was definitely inflated some. Once again this year, a Black Wolves game is scheduled for the AFC Championship Sunday. If the Patriots make it, assume a rough turnout.

Hopefully next year the NLL will be a little smarter with their scheduling, especially as we get teams into larger cities which have other sports which could conflict like Philadelphia with the Eagles, Georgia with the Atlanta Falcons, and Buffalo with the Bill for example.

20. swami24

Wings games were postponed in the past when there was a home Eagles playoff game. Parki g was a legitimate issue. In reality, you cannot schedule around that type of potential. Those Jan Saturdays are key dates.