Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Tank, Oct 8, 2002.
Last logged in on 2003.
That's inaccurate. "Tank" was actually called TheCanuck back in the day on here before the website was rebranded and some names were randomly altered, and I believe his last login was really in 2006.
But nonetheless, I hope he's swell wherever he is these days.
Ok... I just went by the profile page.
I feel like an idiot for even knowing any of what I just said....
just for that post?
Thankfully all my self-help psychology books I read have me feeling great about myself 96% of the time. The other 4% is when I still feel like a moron
I went to the Attica Rodeo last night. Police, understandably so, were asking people "do you have any guns or knives on you?" on you way into the 'venue.' However, they were selling knives inside the venue
Maybe it's like bringing snacks into a movie theatre. They don't want you to bring them in so you are forced to buy their overpriced stuff. Then again, I imagine they don't expect you to use the knives inside the venue...
Maybe they do a halftime sharks vs jets dance number.
I don't think they were doing that, but I would have been completely in favor of a Sharknado dance number.
Speaking of Sharknado, I think Sharknado 5 was the worst of the movies thus far. The only celebrities I recognized right away were Chris Kattan, Lucy Pinder, John Morrison, and Fabio.
And.....for some reason I think Chloe Lattanzi and her fakeness is kinda hot
I listened to the entire Deftones' 'Around The Fur' album at work today. I ranked my top 3 favorite songs from the album:
My Own Summer (really, what else would've been number one?)
I tried listening, and it sounds like the lead singer is constipated and struggling.
Maybe that's what Chino is singing about in My Own Summer when he says to "Shove It."
I listened to the entire Deftones' White Pony album at work today. My favorite 4 songs are:
I actually received a sales call today for a discount vacation to Orlando. For the future readers, this is a day + since hurricane Irma crushed Florida. I am sure it was for a nice villa, with a photo to be sent that was from some pristine place. Seriously.
I love Passenger and Elite from White Pony. You are right on with My Own Summer, except I would add the song "Around the Fur" to the list.
True, but right out of Dilbert....
Political appointee departmental CIO has done nothing but talk about modernization of 2 large legacy systems. They are old, but work. Nothing has happened in the year since he was appointed. His staff just looks at him a temporary annoyance, as the next governor will appoint a new Dept.Commisioner, who will appoint a new CIo. The CIO thinks he can stay.if.he shows he has started modernizing these.two high profile systems. He thinks.he can start it in months.
CIO decides to hold a weekly meeting of his 10 PMs/mid.level managers, plus the 4 from their consultant firm. The goal is to.share information across all development staff and talk about challenhes. In all this is a decent idea. In the 3rd meeting, a very quiet pm speaks up and says the CIO needs to set aside the modenization of 2 systems that work, and.focus.on replacing a supporting system that keeps payments flowing. Failure of that system would be catastrophic, and the system is at.severe risk . 2 other.PMS also.speak to why he needs to change priorities.
This weekly meeting has been cancelled for week 4 and the future.
Reminds me of the time my company's executive VP genius types completely ceased communicating their plans for a new org structure to us after they didn't like questions from myself and similar ones from others. My primary ones were:
a) How much will this change cost?, b) How much do you expect it to reduce costs? c) What is the expected improvement to the bottom line?
I thought the questions were relevant, fair, and, that if you didn't at least have a solid guess at the answers, spending money and resources to change anything was kinda foolhardy and reckless.....
That's one reason I like my current employer. I can speak up and I actually listened to, unlike a previous contact lens manufacturer I used to work for where I got written up because I asked too many "**** disturbing and questioning leadership" questions according to the coordinator who I now make way more money than.
The music video for Karate by R3hab is really awesome.
Separate names with a comma.