The Other Sports Leagues Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Vin, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Tsai has an option to take over as majority owner in 2 years. Not that I think he'll move the Nets to San Diego.

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I saw both the Buffalo.Braves and San Diego Clippers and.their powder blue unis back in the day.

3. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

The reason he didn't take the NLL franchise in NY, as was rumored, was he didn't want the fallout when he moved the Nets. The Liberty, being new to his holdings may change things, but watch the attendance for both teams. If it's bad, look for them in So Cal.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Useless fact: I collect Buffalo Braves signed basketballs. I have a Bob McAdoo and an Adrian Dantley in my closet at the moment.

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

But do you have an Ernie D? You need an Ernie D.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_DiGregorio

And, even though he never played for Buffalo, you need to see Buffalo native Bob Lanier's size 22 sneakers. They are bronzed and in the National Basketball Hall of Fame. I will never forget seeing them in 1986. I really need to go back there - it's only a few miles away for me.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  6. swami24

I did see McAdoo and.he was a stud player back then.

7. AmericanRockFan

Ernie D is scheduled to sign at a show in 3 weeks that I’m going to, then I’ll have the big 3 in team history.

Surprisingly, I never got to the basketball ball of fame when I lived in Connecticut. I debated visiting it on the way home from Boston last year but I opted to visit the Boston Aquarium instead.

8. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

I'm going to try to get into NYCFC, the Liberty, and Yankees this summer! We'll see if any of them stick.

9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Never cared for the Blizzards league and strange rules, but the Stallions in the MISL were really entertaining

10. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Indoor soccer on turf with the hockey rink did not have offsides and had a good deal more contact

11. AmericanRockFan

I was too young to have ever attended a Stallions game, but I agree about some of the weird NPSL rules. I wasn’t a fan on the 1, 2, and 3 point goals at all. That was too gimmicky, even for little kid me.

12. swami24

Wrong thread......dele

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  13. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Well, my Knicks are on a 17 game losing streak, with the worst record in the NBA. It makes sense, as the're in the Zion/trade-for-Anthony-Davis sweepstakes. But, wow, it's brutal to watch.

I'm getting excited for MLS season.

14. AmericanRockFan

Just for you, Vin.

Attached Files: