The Saints were finally able to break out their “run-and-gun” offense

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Michael The Bandit Fan, Feb 4, 2001.

1. This is from the NLL web site saints and a "run-and-gun" offense? what crack are they smoking?

They scored 9 goal in the game at home by no means has nine goals ever been considered run and gun. The saints have scored 9, 12, 9, 13, and 10 goals in their last 5 games.

sounds more like a "walk-and-shoot-off-your-foot" offense.

I take that back the saints could not hit their own foot firing buckshot.

------------------
    -MTBF
    My arms are wheels
    My legs are wheels
    My blood is pavement
    -Misery Machine

2. toad455

toad455 Member

Would anyone happen to know the attendance # for that game?? I'm keep stats as well as attendance #s and that's the only game this weekend I couldn't find. Thanks!

------------------

3. Dave H

Dave H New Member

Hey Michael -- go **** yourself!

Is that direct enought?

I am sick and tired of your crap.

I told JSAP I would lay off you, if he assured me he would tell you to do the same, but I can see that you've chosen to ignore his request.

You are the biggest douchebag I have ever encountered on the internet.

You are a gutless wimp, and I challenge you to meet me April 7th at the Nassau Coliseum where I promise to kick your ******* pathetic ass.

Is that clear enough?

You are a piece of crap.

------------------
    Dave H

4. raphilly

raphilly New Member

<FONT face="arial">Dave, as much as it pains me to rebuke a friend, I gotta do this. This is your one and only warning -- watch the language. It's totally inappropriate.

Please listen to me -- the less attention Michael gets, the quieter he gets. I know you want to kick his ass, but it's better to ignore him totally.

R.A.</FONT f>

------------------

5. primetime

primetime New Member

Good Point MTBF

I better not ever hear a Saints fan tell me that The Rock have a hard time scoring goals

------------------

6. Dave H

Dave H New Member

The language will be "watched", R.A.,

but the sentiment won't.

Michael's posts to the Saints list are nothing but combative, deningrating put-downs that have been exasperated by the recent personal attacks he has chosen to direct at me.

The time to end this is now.

------------------
    Dave H

7. Dave H

Dave H New Member

Yeah toad, I was there.

7 to 8 thousand sounds about right.

and you should see the "spirit girls"

I don't think they could get their shirts any tighter, and frankly, who can blame them. . .

------------------
    Dave H

8. sorry dave I all ready have tickets to the attack v hawks game that night. Should be two teams fighting for their playoff lifes not a "who let the dogs run for the bus".

I have been to the Island for 2 games and that is more than enough. fans are way to laided back for it to be anyfun.

------------------
    -MTBF
    My arms are wheels
    My legs are wheels
    My blood is pavement
    -Misery Machine

9. toad455

toad455 Member

I found the attendance number on an article about the Saints' game from oursportscentral.com The article reported 7,638. Thanks to everyone who tried to get the offical number.

------------------

10. woodstick

woodstick New Member

7600 is a decent crowd . I was nervous when it did not show up on the NLL sight, which every other time has meant a poor turnout

------------------

11. bcAce

bcAce New Member

Dave H, I agree with RA (which is a wonder in itself). [​IMG]

You're letting MTBF get to you. You're letting him "win".

Besides, I looked at his posts, to see whatever could have provoked such a profane response from you, and I really don't see what you're upset at.

Yes, he's always picking on the Saints. Yes, he's cynical, pessimistic, and annoying at times. But for all his faults, he does have a sense of humour, albeit one that you're not fully appreciative of. And to a certain extent, there's always a trickle of truth to his posts, enough to make his sometimes outrageous remarks hit the funnybone. Maybe you just don't like him pointing out the dark side of your favourite team. Well, get used to it pal, your last post full of profanities just juiced him up enough to last several more seasons.

MTBF revealed his motivation last month, saying that he was just trying to rile Anne and other megasupporters of the Saints. Well, Anne's moved south, and you've taken her place bigtime. Now MTBF can rant on you, because you give him the exact reaction that he's looking for!

I just suggest that you just chill.

Otherwise, you're not going to last the season on this forum. Instead, you'll be checked into the nearest hospital for high blood pressure, or some similar ailment.

Enjoy the rest of the season, get used to the Saints losing to everyone but Ottawa, and get used to MTBF reminding you of that, at every opportunity.

BTW, I enjoy reading most of your posts, the ones where you aren't arguing with MTBF.

bcAce ;&gt;]

------------------

12. gmbjr

gmbjr Banned

Let's face it , there are only a few things you can count on:
    Death
    Taxes
    MTBF being a pain in the A**
    Saints sucking

I find the last 2 actually amuse me sometimes.

------------------
    gmbjr
    GO WINGS!! A Championship Run In 2001!

13. Anne

Anne Banned

I've never understood MTBF's logic for some of the attacks on the Saints. Yeah, it's okay to dislike a team - but the maniacal ravings are uncalled for. Besides blasting the Saints this year is like kicking a puppy that got run over by a tractor trailer. The Saints are no competition for Buffalo this year so I can't see why he would even focus on them. Look towards Philly - that's Buffalo's chief rival.

MTBF---You have a good knowledge of the game, but you turn off people for good when they read some of your ranting. It scares them off. No one will listen to what you say...and you have offered valid points...at times.

And yes, I will not say "The Saints have improved this year" because they have not this year...they have multiplied their mistakes from last year even further.
    So can I look forward to you keeping your promise? : }

14. Watcher

Watcher New Member

What mistakes have the Saints multipied since last season? Do you really know the game or are just looking at stats? Not all improvements are measured by wins alone.

------------------

15. Anne

Anne Banned

It's too late in the night to list them all but it is from what I witnessed in home game 1(and then what I heard about Home game #2) The Saints have one of the worst shooting percentages in the league and waste too many shots. If they do adjust, it is too late for the win. They beat themselves.

Even though Roy Colsey is a good shooter, he should not take 25 shots in a game. He has to be drawing the defense and should give the ball up to open forwards if he doesn't have a high-percentage shot available.

16. Much like his playing days Locasio is slow to react and it will cost the saints.

------------------
    -MTBF
    My arms are wheels
    My legs are wheels
    My blood is pavement
    -Misery Machine

17. Dave H

Dave H New Member

Hopefully coach Locasio has addressed this problem, Anne -- and has an improved game plan for Saturday night.

------------------
    Dave H

18. Watcher

Watcher New Member

Anne - very weak case.

------------------

19. Anne

Anne Banned

No - very weak team. Plenty of excuses. I am not going to go into all of the Saints deficits here. Let's just say I am disappointed once again to see them waste their talent. They should be much better than their record.

20. Watcher

Watcher New Member

I agree, Anne has not let us know exactly what her concerns are. This is a discussion forum, spill your guts Anne. See my thoughts on the NY Saints message board.