1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

These announcers are so effing stupid.....

Discussion in 'Georgia Swarm Forum' started by RockStar, Dec 30, 2017.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

.....that one of them thinks the goal is going to be called back because Vinc knocked the net "off its moorings".

2. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Which is surprising since it was Mitch belisle on color

3. RockStar

It was not Belisle, it was the pbp guy.......Belisle was trying to explain the rules, and had most of it right. The other guy was just kinda useless at listening.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I watched that game for a few minutes before the UFC PPV started. I was a little surprised at how not lacrosse knowledgeable one of the announcers was.

5. RockStar

i caught the second half on tape delay.

the other thing that was annoying AF was the director constantly switching the angle.......and the corner cam was behind glass that was scratched to ratshit and you couldn't see anything through it.

6. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

Does anyone know why this game was a 9 PM start time when the game was originally scheduled for 7 PM?

7. KhawkProud

KhawkProud Member

Northeast weather. Hawks had multiple flight cancelations and delays. Did not get into Atlanta until 8:00 pm and to arena around 8:40.

8. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Hawks 6pm Friday flight out of Toronto was delayed they had boarded then cancelled at midnight , it took over an hour to deplane

Then they took multiple charters one arrived with 5 runners and a goalie first then the other was an hour behind, thus why the game got pushed back again

Then Rochester didn’t come out on time after their short warmups and began the game on a pk for delay of game

The whole scenario is one of the more NLL things I’ve ever seen

RockStar likes this.
  9. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Delta has 6-8 flights out of Buffalo per day direct to ATL and a few out of Rochester. I know most if not all the team lives in ON but I'm surprised they are flying out of Toronto.

10. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

1) the first real Delay Of Game penalty ever.
    2) it would be true NLL if a busload of Hawks fan had made the game, but the team didnt.

RockStar likes this.
  11. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Still not as bad as the time the Hawks screwed up the players visa's and had to play a game with only 2-3 normal players and 14 born in the USA free agents signed on game day. IIRC they also won the game.

RockStar likes this.
  12. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I don't recall this??? Was this before my time? (2000)

13. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

1998 or 1999. chico general claim to fame on that one.

14. Tom Wersderfer

Tom Wersderfer Active Member

I think it was 1997 but I'm not sure. It was a regular season game in Baltimore against the Thunder. I was at that game and wondered where all the regular K-Hawk players were. I don't recall them ever announcing what happened at the game itself. I belief ESPN or some other TV station mentioned it.

15. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

96 or 97 definitely in Baltimore at a time when the Thunder would have been favorites against the regular hawks line up. It was definitely TV movie type stuff.

16. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Might have been 1998 I noticed Derek General won his only MILL player of the week during week 9 that year. Thunder were a good team and Hawks were sub par for the season. There is no news story I can find on line.