this urks me

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by MILLwasbetter, Aug 11, 2018.

?

Given the excellent breakdown, should the 3peat count towards the double repeat?

1. Yeah I can get behind that

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No way, idiot!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. What is a Knighthawk?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

It's August, whatever we need something to discuss. Taken from
    http://www.nll.com/news/nll-announces-two-home-openers-for-the-2018-19-season/

"Heading into this season, the Rush will look to become the second team in NLL history to repeat twice in franchise history, as the Toronto Rock previously did in the 1999 – 2000 and 2002 – 2003 seasons."

Is it just me or is that wrong? I understand what they are getting at I really do, but technically couldn't you say the Knighthawks did it as well? They win it in 2012 and repeat in 2013, HOWEVER that 2013 doubles as they win it in 2013 and repeat in 2014. Thus giving you a double repeat, even though its a threepeat.

I think it checks out, anyone else as bored as me and want to dive into this?

RockStar likes this.
  2. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

Also, I posted this before finishing the article, but this quote might urk me even more. C'mon Steve...

"It’s exciting to see the light at the beginning of the tunnel,” said Seals President Steve Govett."

3. wingsfan20

wingsfan20 Guest

I do think you are right, they repeated in once in 2013 and then repeated again in 2014. Thus two repeats. And yes August could not be more boring. No NHL or NLL and preseason NFL games are just cringing through the couple series starters play hoping there are no injuries.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter. Had sex.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I get what they are saying.

I found this interesting in that link -- "....the Seals recently announced roster transactions headlined by free agent signings of MLL All-Star and Team USA members, Marcus Holman and Joe Walters." Did the NLL just hitch their wagon to the MLL and USA Lacrosse?