Three Coaches Experiment over ?

Discussion in 'Colorado Mammoth Forum' started by 24MannCups, May 10, 2015.

1. 24MannCups

24MannCups Member

Next year, I've heard Govett will add a 4th and possibly a 5th coach on the Bench. trendsetter, innovator, genius, or not ?

2. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

It doesn't seem to matter who's coaching this team, or how they do in the regular season. They just manage to find a way to **** the bed every year in the playoffs.

Go Rochester. Because Grant.

3. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Grant led teams seem to tank often in the playoffs.

4. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned Member

Ain't that the truth. He had help from the rest of the offense it seems. Jones played like he wanted to be traded. Big players gotta have big games.

5. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned Member

Doesn't every team have 3 coaches on the bench anyways?

6. 24MannCups

24MannCups Member

Yes,but one is normally the head coach, the one in charge. Not Three tri coaches.

7. bbilly1

bbilly1 Member

Some good points here. I don't know what Jones' problem was, but he had absolutely nothing last night. The Mammoth D is weak and undersized, and they really got exposed as the season went on. The Mammoth offense started out the year doing very well, but did not seem to make any adjustments. Last night they basically just passed the ball around the perimeter and took weak outside shots. The Mammoth probably didn't have all of the ingredients for a Cup run, but to end the season with that sort of lame effort prompts questions about the overall commitment level. It was like the group had already checked out.

On a side note, we got a call this week to let us know our season ticket prices are going WAY up for next year. Really? This may be it for me. The Mammoth would probably rather have people who want to sing and dance in the fourth quarter of games like last night's instead of me in my seat anyway.

8. Where to begin with this mess...

The Mammoth have a goalie problem and not in a good way: Since Gee Nash got hurt in 2009 the Mammoth have been on a maddening search for a keeper, Ward had a solid but not great rookie season and to me at least really regressed in the 2nd half of this season, Alex Buque came in and played well in spots and may very well be the answer for the team , but by the time the coaches pulled ward it was too late, I would see if either one of them could yield anything via a trade with a team that may need a goalies (swarm, stealth or possibly Wolves) which leads me to...

This team looked beaten from the start: The Mammoth showed No spark last night they tied the game at 1-1 then promptly fell off a cliff offensively, Ward gave up a few soft goals and the powerplay provided nothing (2 for 7 I believe) Calgary came in and looked loose and in great spirits, hell I would be too if I had won 6 of 7 games against the Mammoth. Adam Jones went 0-0, Grant had 1 goal, and Jeremy Noble finally looked like a true rookie after being impressive at the start. No long time Mammoth fan was shocked by the loss this was just what usually happens to the Mammoth only difference being it was in our barn.

9. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

As they say in Buffalo, it's not just a game, it's a party. :rolleyes:

I think Ward had a poor showing last night. His D did not help but he let in some goals a good goalie should have stopped. I like watching the Mammoth games on TV, nice job by the league or whoever to get it on other channels. We don't see much of the West teams so to see Edmonton and others more is always good.

10. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

Grant didn't show up last night with the rest of the offense they didn't want to get into the dirty areas and was the worse I had seen them moved the ball all season. Calgary just out worked them all night.

11. SouthPawly

SouthPawly Member

With all of that talent on attack they only managed 6 goals because nobody could or would get inside.
    Best Mammoth forward Saturday was rookie Eli McLaughlin.

They needed someone to get in and set the hard picks to create space for the big shooters, they could have used someone like SEAN POLLOCK! :doh: too soon?

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I had the same thought, right after he potted that early goal.

13. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

I got my call while at work Friday, so I didn't take it. And after seeing that game Sat night, and hearing about the huge price increases for many of us, I'm not really in the mood or a hurry to 'discuss' things with whomever the hell is my ticket rep this week.

It's like they're TRYING to chase people away at this point.

14. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned Member

If you don't like the 3 coaches fire 2 and keep one. Possibly Pym or Malawsky may become available.