Time For A Change

Discussion in 'Calgary Roughnecks Forum' started by Saskie Fan, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Saskie Fan

Saskie Fan Guest

Valiant effort later tonight but not the full game. For the love of God whats it going to take for the Necks to make a change in the worst way. How often do we listen to Malawsky say the same thing after a loss. The boys arent producing to there fullest with the coach we have.

2. rigger1

rigger1 Guest

Well, there were a few changes made.. firstly, Digby wasn't dressed... and the kid (del Bianco) showed he is ready to take the reins... I also noticed that the 'Necks have quietly acquired Tyler Richards... Maybe we will see a new goalie duo against the Rock next weekend?? hmm..
    Rush defence really gave the Riggers fits in the first half and nobody was able to get inside.. Great third quarter.. was it something the coaches said during the break (doubtful) or a momentum build from seeing the kid stand on his head and the emotion from Dobbie overtaking Shattler for all-time team point title? (THAT WOULD BE MY BET!)

3. New Fan

New Fan Member

We can keep posting after every game about a change. Unfortunately it’s just not going to happen. Just have to stay ahead of Stealth and they’re in the playoffs.
    Great to see Dobbie have a big night to become the all time scoring leader.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  4. rigger1

rigger1 Guest

Just have to stay ahead of Stealth and they’re in the playoffs.
    That may not be so easy.. I know folks were writing off the Stealth after some of their earlier losses but they have definitely shown some improvement. Both teams are in the same boat, win and they're in... It could very well come down to the games between the two teams... Necks have two tough opponents coming up. Off to Toronto to take on the Rock next week and then back home against the Mammoth the following week.. Stealth have a home and home against Rush... If either team can take one of these games they will have a leg up on a play-off position..

5. New Fan

New Fan Member

Going to be interesting. Stealth have 2 remaining games against the East and Roughnecks have 5.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

You're right. And given their history against the Mammoth, they Necks could easily find themselves in the West final again.

7. New Fan

New Fan Member

Just finished reading Stephen Stamps review of all the games lastweekend in Indoor lacrosse. I always had the opinion that he had his pulse on the game. His review of the Calgary game is that Malawsky hasn’t lost the room as the came back from a 10-4 half time deficit against the Rush. I guess he hasn’t followed much out West the last 3 years as Malawsky has 3 losing seasons in a row, missed the playoffs last season, is now 1-5 and likely to go 1-6. I’m not sure many other pro teams would still have the same coach with that record. Coaches have a life shelf and Malawsky should be over with the Necks. I guess Stamp wants to keep on Malawsky’s good side.

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

a second half rally, or a fair performing team does not necessarily have anything to do with the coach......

they might just be rallying around an on-floor leader.

9. rigger1

rigger1 Guest

a second half rally, or a fair performing team does not necessarily have anything to do with the coach......
    they might just be rallying around an on-floor leader.

Agree Rockstar.. I think the second half rally was due to Del Bianco standing on his head and shutting out the Rush in the third quarter and also, the emotional lift when Dobbie broke Shattlers team record for points scored. They stopped play and had a short interview with Dobbie and it really charged up the building.. Team went on to tie the score and force OT.. Nothing to do with the coaches.. just a group of players getting it together and playing in the moment. The beauty of sport, the human element at play when a last place team takes on the league leader.

RockStar likes this.
  10. rigger1

rigger1 Guest

Starting Del Bianco tonight in Toronto. He is looking pretty good in the first half. Another game without Digby.. He was not being used properly and now he is benched... feel for the big guy..

11. RockStar

Walked into Toronto, and silenced the hottest offence in the league.......Malawsky outcoached Toronto, and, a decent group of players got 'er done.

Maybe there's hope.

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So if Matt Sawyer lost to Curt Malawsky, who's the worst coach in the NLL, then does that make Matt Sawyer the worst coach in the league now?? o_O

13. New Fan

New Fan Member

Such an enlightening assessment after a win over to Rock team that probably was reading their press clippings on how good they are now, came unprepared to play and faced a team that had a hot goalie and was desperate to win. Likely not anything to do with Malawsky. Not sure on Matt Sawyer's record as coach, as couldn't find his record, but darn sure about the HC for Calgary. Three losing seasons in a row, missed the playoffs last year and now 2-5 for 2018. A stellar 25-33 with all that talent.

14. RockStar

Solid lead on Colorado at the first media timeout in the third. Someone's being a leader out there in Cowtown.

15. New Fan

New Fan Member

Looks like RockStar is a big fan of the Roughnecks HC. Wonder if he could maybe make a swap of Sawyer for Malawsky.

On being a leader the players have stepped up and leading as a group and great to see.
    On a coaching change happening, about the same chance as Cleveland Browns winning a game. Had the Stealth stayed close, maybe. The Stealth are done and the first round of the playoffs will be a familiar Necks vs Mammoth. The Necks have weathered the storm and no changes.

16. RockStar

i am not a fan of Malawsky....I am more amazed than most that he is still around after what they fired Pym for.

just commenting that someone is leading and the troops are rolling.

17. RockStar

and, you can have Manning for him

18. New Fan

New Fan Member

Can’t argue with any of those comments, RockStar. Like your thinking. Would love to have been a fly on the wall when Mike Board decided to fire Pym and hire Malawsky.

19. rigger1

rigger1 Guest

Where is Digby? Anyone out there know what his status is? He hasn't dressed since the game against Georgia.. No word from Roughnecks and I can't find anything on his status.. He certainly was not being used effectively when he was in the line-up and his stats were way down from past 3 years.. Offence is doing well without him though, taking Sask to overtime and then beating Toronto and Colorado... I am in no way putting the team results on the big guy, I've seen him play so much better in the past and this year he was not seeing the ball.. Just throwing it out there folks... anyone hear anything??

20. New Fan

New Fan Member

Digby must be in the doghouse with the HC. If the O is starting to click he will likely not see much more floor time. With the way DelBianco is playing Frankie S. is likely odd man out.