time to break out

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by GoKHawksGo, Mar 1, 2017.

1. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Active Member

No real complaints about the way they played last night. Got beat by a better team its as simple as that. A couple random thoughts though...

1) Despite the fact that are offense is pretty awful, the coaches will have some tough decisions to make next year. Currier, Jackson, Lomas and Resetarits all seem to have earned their place on the team. Add on Dawson, Jamieson and whatever draft picks we take, and the coaches will have to decide who is expendable (I have some STRONG opinions on who should be the first to go, but I'm not gonna post them on here out of respect for everyone on the roster this year. They really did play with a lot of heart despite their consistent shortcomings).

2) Dylan Evans has become a respectable faceoff man over the past few years. But he certainly isn't good enough to keep taking stupid penalties after the whistle. Not sure why he lost his cool so much this year, but if you're gonna take cheap shots at least be smart about it.

3) Rumors going around that Vinc is considering retirement. Can't wait to see the Facebook comments next year once people realize that there's no goalie out there that can stop 100% of shots from 20 feet directly in front of the net.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

That would really surprise me. He keeps himself in great shape and has been pretty injury free in his career. There's nothing left for him to prove but he could play another 5 years.

3. Yedliw

Yedliw Member

The major difference I noticed last night is they were able to get clean shots, and we weren't. Even on the power play.. we would pass the ball around and still couldn't find an open lane to shoot.. but on a number of occasions, a swarm attacker was able to get behind everyone and have a free shot standing on the crease with blue shirts with their back to him..

Even still, we were in it for most of the game, against a better team, and until early in the 4th, we were within striking distance of a 'W'

4. GoKHawksGo

GoKHawksGo Active Member

I would at least consider offers for Dan Dawson. I know hes getting up there in age but if you can get a stud defender for him I'd do it. Lots of young talent on offense and more coming with 3 draft picks.

Have a feeling this team will look very different next year.

Yedliw likes this.
  5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Options are likely limited to Toronto or Buffalo for trade partners and neither one of them is giving up a young stud defender (Buffalo doesn't have 1 and may be looking at one in the draft).

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Two things:

I'd be surprised if Vinc retired. He doesn't have anything left to prove anymore but I just don't see him walking away right now.

And, I could see Dawson moving to play for Buffalo or Toronto, but that's it. With his two young babies at home, I don't see him going any further away from the GTA than Rochester, Buffalo, or Toronto.

7. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

The bandits are in no position to give up any assets for an aging Dawson.