Tonight's refs....

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Kathy C, May 13, 2017.

1. Kathy C

Kathy C Member

I don't know how many games it has been that I have found myself wondering what the $&@# the ref is thinking/seeing/not seeing, but there seem to be an awful lot of them in our building, and tonight was one. Was it just me?
    Can someone explain that first goal challenge? Did the officials decide to review it themselves? I didn't see a flag, and I've never seen that.

2. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

Georgia challenged, and on every challenge the refs made the right call, whether it was for or against us. we lost fair and square. Got outplayed badly, Miller saved us in 1st half.. Offense was offensive to watch, the 3 rooks didn't show up. Tired of whiney Toronto fans overall(not directed at you Kathy), your team loses or don't get a call your way you throw your towels on the floor, or pick fights with the other teams fans(this instance it was Georgia) at least Jamie was classy enough to tell the cops it was the Rock fans fault before they hauled off innocent fans for Georgia. Was embarrassed to be part of the crowd tonight.

on a side note, kudos to Miller for standing on his head, holding the Thompson trio to 4 points and to Lintner for being only one showing up for 60minutes on offence

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

It's really unfortunate that the stellar crowd of 17,329 had to witness that poor refereeing effort tonight.

4. AmericanRockFan

What did I miss?? I know there were a lot of Georgia fans at the game but I didn't notice any incidents in the stands.

However, last night had to be one of the most toolbaggish crowds in Rock history. You had towels thrown on the field, you had fans booing an injured Georgia player, and overall you just had a bit of a douchebag frat atmosphere at the ACC. I'm all for creating a hostile environment for the away team and such, but last night was too much.

5. Kathy C

Kathy C Member

I brought a large group of families with kids to the game, and aside from the towel throwing, we didn't see any inappropriate fan interaction thankfully. My goal is to expand the fan base for the team, and poor fan behaviour isn't something I want to promote. I was grateful we didn't get called for the towel throwing. It was stupid. Thought the booing was for what seemed like a bit of a delay of game tactic when the Rock were heating up a bit. I don't remember a player with that type of injury staying on the floor as long as he/they did.

6. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Walked off a foot/ankle injury under his own power after being on his back for several minutes. That's what you get when you hire a soccer guy to run this place I guess.

Anyway, whatever let the Rock score double digits against these bastards last two times is not going to happen again. Sad to say, Georgia in two.

Need better lefty group and maybe improvements at coaching positions. Waste of a solid d effort and stellar performance by miller.

7. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

As for the disallowed Rock goal, I think it was probably over the line but, the camera angle wasn't quite good enough to prove it.....there used to be a high one above the end glass that would have solved that, but, it was apparently removed. Maybe Dawick's rent doesn't cover the frills.

I want another look at the Georgia one that was initially called crease.....i was walking back to my seat as the replays were happening. Looked pretty close to toeing the line, but, apparently Williams didn't think so.

8. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Finally, I am not going to complain much about the officiating........they hooped the whistles and let the men play. That's all I ever hope for.

9. AmericanRockFan

I think on the disallowed Rock goal the ball didn't completely cross the line. However, I think the reason for that was because of the net mesh being extra loose which actually seemed to stop the slow rolling ball from crossing all the way....

10. AmericanRockFan

And the only Torontonians that seemed to score during the second half last night was that couple who snuck into the last row of section 307 during the fourth quarter.....

smurf666 likes this.
  11. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

Ever had a calf cramp? Hurts like f**k for a couple of minutes and then it's fine. That's exactly what that looked like to me. Plus his team was up by 3 or 4 with only a couple of minutes left so there was no reason for a Swarm player to fake an injury at that point. Either way, unless it's an obvious dive, booing a potentially injured player is just not cool.

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

Totally agree.

Totally agree.

13. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

they out transitioned toronto plain and simple

14. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

no miller and you double the margin of defeat.
    it was like you were still playing nbw that lacks a transition game beyond burns. swarm can come at you with white, jmac, tutton...totally outgunned at the back.

15. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

section 120, when our NO GOAL was disallowed correctly as it was called on the floor, a row of rock fans threw their drinks at the Swarm fans, but missed and hit the rock fans in front of the Swarm fans. Then immediately, the rock fans thought it was the Swarm fans, security couldn't hold things down and cops came in. Fortunately Jamies Box is right there and he talked some sense into the Police who automatically came to throw out the Swarm fans for no reason. The idiot rock fan who was standing up trying to coax the swarm fan into a fight while he's being blocked by police and security was real brave of him, should be banned from ACC.

16. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

correct

17. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

100% on target, they made correct calls and on challenges you sow me conclusive evidence on any of them to overturn, you cant so stop the crying and take the defeat as it was.

18. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

yup correct. look at the rock fans? most are over weight and/or prolly haven't seen exercise in years so wouldn't know what a cramp is or how to get one. You could completely see from our section when the trainer tried to point his toes up(proper protocol to stretch it out) he winced in pain and reacted accordingly to that type of cramping.

19. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

I was being a bit facetious with my soccer injury comment -
    Totton looked legitimately pained.

it just happened to be a mighty convenient time to ice the Rock's last gasp at a comeback......sort of like Miller's conveniently timed equipment malfunction to sneak a partial timeout when they had previously lost theirs to the blown challenge.

20. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

And people thought that only Bandits fans pin losses on the refs.... :rolleyes: