Toronto marathon

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by markm, May 13, 2011.

1. markm

markm New Member

Marathon is also on Sunday. How will that effect traffic. Better leave early!:doh:

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I hate it when they close major roads, and what roads are left are clogged with non residents / non commuters who don't know where the hell they're going.

Don't forget the **** show coming up at the will call window - just about no one has their tickets yet :eek:

3. PCO6

PCO6 New Member

4. Busterknoxville

Busterknoxville New Member

tickets in hand, and taking the train

marathon will screw traffic...leave early, or if you can; use the Go

5. JennybeanLax

JennybeanLax New Member

"Several ramps off the Gardiner will be closed from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM"

:doh: Thanks for the help, Toronto marathon! Care to elaborate!?

6. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

"If you want to get down, right downtown
    GO Train
    Well, it goes down the track and then it comes back
    GO Train
    She's on time, she's on time, she's on time...
    GO Train"

with apologies to Eric Clapton. No, I didn't write this - I heard some comedian sing it many years ago.

7. 30seconds

30seconds Member

argh traffic sucks! thinking of taking the go.

A homeless guy once said to me GO stands for GET OUT!

8. RockStar

How about frigging telling me about the one or two I might need?

As it is right now, their route doesn't go near the Lake East of Yonge, so guessing my normal driving route is intact.

West siders, on the other hand, look like they're going to be bucket-hooped as far as driving routes.

9. Stoned_Lax

Stoned_Lax Member

The drive was great! Until I had to get off the Gardiner!!! :mad:

I definitely agree... Maybe it would have been easier if they just listed the roads that were going to stay open? Seems like it might have been a shorter list. (Right in the core of Toronto anyways)

I love playing russian roulette with the exits on the gardiner. You can take one wrong turn and end up in The Beaches or Mimico. It's a new adventure everytime!!! :doh:

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

For some reason I think it would have been hilarious if Smashed, Tanked, Detox, Rehab, and Puddles ran the marathon in their wigs today.

11. Stoned_Lax

Stoned_Lax Member

Would they have survived?

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

They could have run the first half of the marathon, which looks as though it conveniently ended right at the Air Canada Centre :drunk:

13. RockStar

(I cheated and took the subway :eek:)

Seriously, more recent info indicated that there were closures on roads that I use.

I usually assert that TTC = Take The Car, but it was as painless as it ever gets yesterday.

14. Canadan

Canadan New Member

I managed to make it to my regular underground parking garage at Front/University :D If you know your side streets and the back alley "system " in Toronto well-enough, getting around is possible. it's all about allowing some extra time for detours and the occasional u-turn ;)

15. kaotik29

kaotik29 New Member

I was wishing I had your number when Jenn and I got lost yesterday. I figured you could have told us where to go to minimize the missed game damage, LOL.