Toronto-Rochester Fast Ferry

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by RockStar, Feb 18, 2004.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

From todays Letters to the Editor section in the Toronto Sun . Bracketed text is editor's pithy reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUR FAIR city has a golden opportunity to reap much-needed tourism dollars without even trying. The city of Rochester has come knocking on the door with its own ferry, bringing hundreds of Americans with fistfuls of U.S. dollars to our shores. Yes! The Americans are coming! Not to declare war, but to spend, spend, spend. Being the world-class city we are, we plan to meet this large entourage of U.S. spenders with a tent, set up on the beautiful shores of Cherry Beach among the oil drums. I wouldn't be surprised if the first boatload headed right back home again.

Doris Lane

Toronto

(Not likely - they're used to Buffalo)

2. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Actually, if there is a tent city pitched on the beach, I think the editor's right, they'll be overjoyed there's a touch of home here! ;)

3. AmyTBF

AmyTBF New Member

Always beware of the Americans - especially when they come by boat. :)

4. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Now you can be Fresh Off the Boat ALL OVER AGAIN! :D
    Man...you can really make hay with this one...

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Was at a bar in downtown Toronto prior to WWE Survivor Series 2016. Mentioned to the bartender I was from Rochester. He promptly asked “whatever happened to the ferry?” I couldn’t stop laughing after he asked.....