1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto Rock 2018 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Nov 27, 2017.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

FFS, QUIT FUCTKING CHANGING THE MOTHERTRUCKING CAMERA ANGLE DURING HIGH SPEED LIVE PLAY!

YOU, MR. DIRECTOR ARE A FYCKING MORON!

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

"They are jawing at each other and there is some stick action."

3. AmericanRockFan

What the hell is a "rattler"??

4. RockStar

Not NLLTV's fault, but, I think my ISP just had to reboot whatever switch I am on.

Come back just in time for NLL's crappy commercials on a timeout.

5. RockStar

And, back to live action to find that the Rock O is up to its old tricks.....been over 15 minutes since last goal

How many more weeks does this coaching staff get before they have to answer some really uncomfortable questions, and, maybe get excused.

6. AmericanRockFan

I think the answer to that question lies in how long there's amazing parity in the east.

7. RockStar

17 minute Manning-special drought. Reinholdt ends that. Get a couple more and make some stops.

8. RockStar

Jones with a successful PS, Hellyer with what should be a dagger.

best one in a while, damned shame the viewing experience was so brutal.

Laughing at the commentator that "Still doesn't understand why there was a penalty shot....".

There has to be folks that actually understand this sport available to call games.

9. RockStar

And, the feed went for a shtt right as the Rock were about to cruise to the win.

No excuse for not dropping double digits on NE and Bold last week, but, they got it done this time. Needed win. Coupled with the Buffalo Whats losing to a West team as well, this is a decent night so far!

10. RockStar

And, wouldnt you know it, the last few minutes of Garbage time in the bandits game is streaming flawlessly, and other than Garbler mangling names, the commentators actually know what the hell they are calling.

11. RockStar

Pregame article. Hopefully Mr. Mauntah was watching and has a postgamer ready for tomorrow's Toronto Stun.

http://torontosun.com/sports/lacrosse/nll/toronto-rock/rock-looks-for-revenge-against-black-wolves

12. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Good luck to the person who has to figure out tiebreakers in the East Division.

RockStar likes this.
  13. Rock'EmSock'Em

Rock'EmSock'Em New Member

Anyone catch an injury update on Kri? Looked like he dislocated his shoulder near the end of the game. I saw him take another shift but he didn't take anymore draws.

14. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

They just acquired Dan Taylor from the Rush. Anyone have the scoop on him?

15. AmericanRockFan

I didn't notice Kri get injured on Friday night, so I'm not sure what's up with him.

As for Dan Taylor, I see he has 36 points in 16 career games. I'm not sure what his acquisition means, but it looks like he might be a guy who's simply a victim of the numbers game in Saskatchewan. What did the Rock trade to get him?

16. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

17. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

At 6'3" and 215 pounds, he should be making space for Adam Jones on the left side. The Rush weren't likely to protect him so another good move by Keenan to get something for him.

18. RockStar

young prospect that was a standout NCAA player and has box experience......lots of upside.

I figure the conditional pick trade is very fair and benefits both teams.

19. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Dan Taylor is a solid player who can absolutely make an impact offensively. He's not just some guy who goes around setting picks. In fact, that's probably his weakness if anything and why he's not getting played as much as Shattler/Keenan. He's a smart player and has a solid shot despite the lowly goal totals. The reason his offensive numbers don't look very impressive is because of his usage rate. The Rush offense is 3 righties-2 lefties, designed to give the righties clean, uncontested shots near the crease or around the center of the field, and the lefties are meant to move the ball around and act as a distraction for Mark Matthews to do his thing. Shattler and Keenan are just much better than Taylor at doing that, and even in the few games Taylor does dress he'll barely get any minutes. This is also why Adam Jones saw a drop in production in the Rush system, since he needs to be a primary ball handler and that just wasn't going to happen with Matthews, who focuses on swinging the ball over to the righties or going to the net himself, leaving Jones with lower percentage shots. Taylor is in a similar situation, but the Rock don't have the "problem" of one player being so much better than everyone else it's not even funny and building their entire system to complement that player's strengths. He'll also add some much needed size to your lefties, who are mostly smaller guys who can't bully their way through the bigger mobile defenders. He'll be a steal for you guys.

RockStar likes this.
  20. RockStar

thanks for the analysis, gravedigger. Once I reminded myself that Taylor was a lefty, it got clear - ain't limiting Matthews shifts/touches, and you have a hard time limiting Shattler or the coach's boy as well.

hoping the big body can give back some of what they lost when Beirnes retired, and open up a bit more of an inside game for all the lefties.