Toronto Rock 2018 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Nov 27, 2017.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Most dominate quarter in franchise history or nah?

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I have to say yes, probably. There was one against the 'Aints a million years ago that was pretty close. I think they hit 12 to 14 before some NYer got one......cruise control to a 21-7ish victory in that one because they had a game against Rochester next night.

Here, they can go balls to the wall if they want. Thinking at a certain point in the 3rd quarter, you maybe want to get the star attackers off the field, and, just have your second wave defenders handle the attack shifts.

3. AmericanRockFan

Selfishly, I want them to hit 26. The record right now for most goals in a game for the Rock is 25, back in April 2000 against the Syracuse Smash.

4. AmericanRockFan

League has figured Tom Schreiber out.

LOL K.

5. RockStar

http://torontosun.com/sports/lacrosse/nll/toronto-rock/rock-dominates-stealth-in-24-7-victory

Attached Files:

6. RockStar

Four Rock attackers in double digit points tonight. Wonder if that is a record, but, then again 22-20 scores used to be not uncommon, so, maybe not.

7. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

I've thought this at times. While I'm ready to eat my words -- he's looked more like an all-star of late --looking good against the Stealth is inevitable.

I'll reserve judgment for his games against the elite teams, one of which has already made him look ordinary. While my guess is that he'll fare better moving forward -- he has looked great -- it's prudent to be cautious about recent results as they came against god awful teams.

8. RockStar

I'd call the Bandits young and struggling as opposed to awful, but, yeah, point taken. He scored a f-load in games where it wasn't really needed. Let's see if he can chip in 2,4, or 3,3 or something when it's a one goal game against a good team.

Still, happy to be heading into the Rochester match after two dominating performances and a .500 record. Now lets see if they can hang with the class of the East.

9. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

three things since the opener
    1 - transition is back and in a big way
    2 - pop in kids and they respond like kiernan, craig, and kri
    3 - don't get them mad

10. AmericanRockFan

Didn't Hutchcraft play the full 4th quarter last night? Pointstreak says he only played 6 minutes, making 4 saves and allowing 0 goals...

11. RockStar

the pointstreak gamesheet was nfg last night, and, some of the stats on the live report looked like junk as well.

still some issues with pointstreak, guessing database or server migration challenges.

12. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

First time he played in Buffalo with Colorado he had a solid six rows of fans in my section all wearing Jones jerseys they were mostly Canisius collage kids so can understand 500 to see him in his first Rock game.

13. AmericanRockFan

Now that Poinstreak is back, here's a list of milestones to look out for this weekend. This past weekend saw Tom Schreiber break into the top 15 for assists, Brodie Merrill break into the top 14 for penalty minutes, and saw Hellyer get his 200th assist with the Rock (and then some!), and we even saw Hickey get his 200th point as a Rock!
    • Rob Hellyer and Brett Hickey are tied for 8th all-time in goals at 123 apiece. They're 35 away from catching Garrett Billings for 7th.
    • Tom Schreiber is 3 assists away form tying Kim Squire and Dan Stroup (79 assists apiece) for 13th in all-time assists.
    • Tom Schreiber is 4 points away from tying Matt Shearer (122) for 15th all-time in career points.
    • Brodie Merrill is 2 loose balls away from tying Pat Coyle for 12th all-time in career loose balls.
    • Damon Edwards is 1 penalty away from passing Blaine Manning for 7th on the all-time career penalty minute list.
    • Brodie Merill is 4 penalty minutes away from passing Sandy Chapman for 13th all-time in career penalty minutes.
    • 22 games into his NLL career, Tom Schreiber is still looking for his first NLL penalty!

14. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

is there a lady byng like trophy in the NLL, and if so, Schreiber would be a top contender.

15. AmericanRockFan

Speaking of Schreiber, congrats to him on making Team USA for the 2018 FIL World Championships.

The Rock are really missing the boat not pushing the fact that they have arguably the greatest player in the world on the team.

16. RockStar

with the CLA clusterF around the National team program, would not be surprised if Schreiber can add a Men's World gold to his growing list of awards.

i will be cheering against him, of course, but going to be tough to stop him

17. RockStar

Rabil? :p

18. AmericanRockFan

Just imagine the lines at the box office and the arses in the seats if the Rock ever could have the dynamic American duo of Schreiber AND Rabil on the team :eek:

RockStar likes this.
  19. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Schrieber isn't good enough to hold the jock of Shawn Evans, Curtis Dickson, Mark Matthews, Dhane Smith, Matt Vinc, Dillon Ward, Lyle Thompson, Ryan Benesch, Miles Thompson, Randy Staats, Dan Dawson or Robert Church.

20. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

jealous

AmericanRockFan likes this.