Toronto Rock 2018 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Nov 27, 2017.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Rogers and Burns both have great sticks on the run, and, good floor vision in unsettled situation, but, without having watched much of their junior careers, I don't know anything about their aptitude to work plays against set defences.

If it turns out that the Rock are not plagued with injuries around the deadline, while someone else is so plagued, maybe you can get a project and a second. Lintner was a first himself, but, unless someone is desperate and figuring that their first is very high in the round, I don't know that you get that.

Either way, if the phone ain't ringing, it's nice to have depth. Lintner has good hands and plays with heart and hustle, I just don't think he's big and sturdy enough to excel against 9 team NLL defences.

In an 11 or 13 team league, I bet he's a number 3 or better righty on more than one team.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Didn't someone on this message board comment that Lintner "eats more carpet than a lesbian" because he's always knocked to the turf? Regardless of that random poster's non-politically correct analogy, I don't think Lintner is capable of being anyone's star player in a 9 team NLL, but I do think he's capable of being a good grinder forward who can pot you 15-20 goals over the course of the season.

3. AmericanRockFan

Anyhow, here's a list of milestones to look for this Saturday:
    • Nick Rose should pass Chris Driscoll for 13th all-time in games played. They're currently tied at 96 games apiece.
    • Rob Hellyer is 8th all-time in goals with 128, Hickey is 9th at 125. I think we're about to see Hellyer create some space here. Garrett Billings is 7th with 158, so it'll be a while before either one catches him.
    • Tom Schreiber is 2 assists from tying Chris Driscoll for 11th all-time. Schreiber has 86, Driscoll had 88.
    • Tom Schreiber is 9 points from tying Chris Driscoll for 14th all-time. Schreiber has 137, Driscoll had 146.
    • Brodie Merrill is 11 loose balls from tying Steve Toll for 11th all-time. Merrill has 556, Toll had 567.
    • Adam Jones is already 42nd all-time in points for the Rock at 45. With a 10 point outburst this upcoming Saturday, he could find his way into 35th, which would tie him with Kevin Finneran already :p

4. RockStar

Toronto Stun, Feb 3. Found this one at the bottom of the front page of their web front.

Burns boosts Toronto Rock defence

Toronto Rock defender Sheldon Burns (right) swats the ball from the stick of Cory Vitarelli of the Rochester Knighthawks during the first half in Toronto, Ont. on Jan. 13, 2018. (JACK BOLAND/Toronto Sun)

Attached Files:

5. AmericanRockFan

I heard a story of a fan with no pants tossing $20 bills all over the arena and a fight in the bathroom occurred after the game.

What. The. ****. Happened. Tonight??

6. AmericanRockFan

Milestones to look out for on Saturday night in Rochester:
    • Tom Schreiber needs 1 assist to pass Chris Driscoll for 11th all-time in assists. They're tied at 88 apiece.
    • Tom Schreiber needs 6 points to tie Chris Driscoll for 14th all-time in points. Schreiber has 140, Driscoll had 146.
    • Sandy Chapman needs 7 loose balls to to tie Rob Marshall for 4th all-time. Chapman has 752, Marshall had 759.
    • Brodie Merrill needs 7 loose balls to tie Steve Toll for 11th all-time. Merrill has 560, Toll had 567.

7. RockStar

I am pretty sure alcohol, and/or other non-prescription pharmaceuticals were involved. Didn't see it, just read a FB thread that mentioned and discussed it. Heard some kid picked up a couple hundred worth of the discarded lettuce.

Will have to watch the game broadcast to see if the cameras caught any of this.

8. RockStar

Schreiber goes down in the second half, lower body injury, hard to tell if it was an ankle or a knee with Rochester's shtty feed.

went down, gimped off the floor. Came out for one or two more shifts and thought better of it. Hope it's just tweaked and sore and nothing serious.

And, Rochester needs a new rug.....no one seemed able to keep their feet in a couple of spots.

9. RockStar

Game sheet had over 5K attendance in Rochester........Looked like about half of that. Entire rows empty in lower bowl in many sideline sections.

10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I bet Cody Jamieson would agree with you.

11. RockStar

The old turf, like one or two sets before this one, ruined a couple years of Grant's career. They're up to their old tricks.

12. KhawkProud

KhawkProud Member

Carpet sucks, Legit 5k in attendance. Vinc kept Hawks in this one. Rock had 16 CTO’s, just sick

13. RockStar

I guess the fans were all hiding on the camera side (which I can believe)......other side was empty

14. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

It's cause the last 2 seasons they've been offering the seats high up in the 200 End for cheap. So you get a few of those huge end sections filled but the crowd still looks god awful.

15. AmericanRockFan

When I go to games in Rochester I usually buy the cheapest seat available and then just sit wherever I want. Which usually means I buy a 200 level end seat and move to the 200 level center.

16. AmericanRockFan

Milestones to look out for this weekend in Georgia:
    • Tom Schreiber is 9 assists away from 100 as a member of the Rock (he'd be the 11th player to do so)
    • Tom Schreiber is 3 assists away from tying Chris Driscoll for 14th all-time. Schreiber is at 143, Driscoll had 146.
    • Sandy Chapman is 6 loose balls away from tying Rob Marshall for 4th all-time. Chapman is at 753, Marshall had 759.

17. AmericanRockFan

It looked like at least 4,000 to me.

And, has anyone heard any updates on Schreiber? Hopefully he's not out long-term or anything.

18. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Schrieber is out 6-8 weeks with lcl injury.

19. AmericanRockFan

Everyone reading this can go **** themselves.

RockStar likes this.
  20. AmericanRockFan

What I meant to say was DAN LINTNER, COME ON DOWN!

RockStar likes this.