tsn.ca says.....

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by 9SQUIRE3, Apr 26, 2005.

1. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

TSN.ca says: The Knighthawks will try to keep it close for as long as they can but, bouyed by the rabid fans at the Air Canada Centre, the explosive offence of the Rock will eventually come through and earn a trip to another Champions Cup.

rabid fans?? are they saying i have rabies....they shouldn't make assumptions just because i foam at the mouth every once in a while :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2005
  2. Haftalax

Haftalax New Member

Isn't this the same TSN that said Colorado would dominate Arizona ?

I'm sorry Toronto, I Love Ya but I've got to tell ya, if you go into this game Friday over confident, you're going to find yourselves in the same situation as Buffalo.

Rochester is not screwing around and these guys are pissed, this is not an opportunity for them, it is a crucible that they must achieve and conquer.

I'm reading a lot of press saying how Rochester doesn't deserve to be in the Eastern Finals and I'm honestly quite shocked by it. This team is better than last years team and we just beat the team that beat you something like 19 - 10 last season in the Eastern Finals.

Knabber da think the Knighthawks had better be taken for real

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

What press is that??? I haven't seen anything in the media that says or suggests that. I'd be curious to see who is writing that.

The way they took care of Buffalo, I'd say they deserve to be in the Finals.

4. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Just remember:
    On any given night, any team can win.

Nowhere is this more true than in the NLL. Witness Anaheim toppling Colorado, Arizona in the semis, Minnesota winning a few and the Stealth finishing at the bottom...I dont' care how much the Hawks won by last week, that was last week. This is this week, and the same rules apply.

We'll see everyone on Friday night, and it'll be a BLAST! :D

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Knighthawks are arguably better than last year.

Or are they? 10-6/third vs. 8-8/third. I guess the extra wins this year were due to the opportunity to pad their stats with the three games against Minnesota :rotfl: .

All that junk aside, they just beat the Bandits, so they are worthy of being taken seriously.

As for the Rock - well, I'd say the coach got rid of 60% of the team that was clobbered last year.....this is a different animal, and if they lose, it ain't going to be by 9 goals in a blowout.

6. RockFinn

RockFinn New Member

Knabber my good man,

I'd venture a guess that the Rock are as well, as you said, "not screwing around" and would venture that they want it just as bad as your beloved K-Hawks. We have a fair bit of turn over from the cup years and guys like Josh Sanderson have yet to taste it.

The Rock certainly will not be taking Rochester lightly as there is too much championship history between the two franchises to do that.

Just keeping it real my brother.... :cool: :drunk:

7. Plats

Plats New Member

Reality Check

Khawks have game time keeping them sharp and momentum in their favour, just as Buffalo did at this time last year. The Rock, for a variety of reasons, have been stumbling as of late and have not played a solid game since 9 April.

Will just practising make the Rock perfect enough to win? We'll see this Friday night. Different players, but the team finished the season in suprisingly similar fashion wrt last year, which is unsettling for us Rockers. And we have to be very mindful of our laggard transition - that aspect of our game has been our Achille's heel when we've been blown away by the opposition, and Rochester now has Toll - how ironic!

Honestly, we'll know by halftime if it will be another great Hawks - Rock playoff battle or a blowout by Rochester. I do not think the Rock will be able to dominate the Khawks at this stage of the season (but would otherwise enjoy being very happily surprised). Now you know!

My two predictions:

If the Rock are ready:
    Rock 15 - Khawks 13 <C'mon team - go get 'em!>

If the Rock are flat:
    Khawks 17 - Rock 12

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2005
  8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

If I see a guy in a Squire jersey, jester hat, and he's foaming at the mouth, I'll assume rabies ;)

9. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

good call