TV

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by Hollywood42, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

97728B4A-5F8F-42BC-AA9E-1D30184A5E59.jpeg In a comment on Facebook, pretty solid indication they will be on television locally, the question is will road games

2. wingsfan20

wingsfan20 Guest

Assuming it will be only home games and on NBC Sports Philadelphia, with Comcast being the owner of the team and network. Still great though! Hopefully we will see more advertising for the broadcasts during Sixers and Flyers games than in the past.

3. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

NBCsportsnet? Gotta be live though, no.Tues replays.

4. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Doesn't TV mean less tickets sold though?

5. swami24

It would be a good idea to show and replay the first couple of games, just as advertising.

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i would rather see road games on tv. i am at the arena for the home games.

GeoffS likes this.
  7. Hollywood42

When do you ever see flyers and sixers games shown after they play? Outside of 2am after the same night it aired live

They are owned by money they won’t pull that tape delay crap

8. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

The x1 platform usually allows a user to view the replay at anytime the user wants for a week or more.

9. swami24

People know who the Flyers and Sixers are. Games.definitely need to be showive, bit show them again so that have another chance to click through and notice

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

This. It's a good way to capture someone who's just flipping through the channels, sees a novelty sport like lacrosse, thinks to themselves 'hmm, what's this? Hmm, lacrosse. I'll watch for a moment.' Even if the person changes the channel a few minutes later you've given them some exposure to the sport, something that most of the casual audience they're marketing towards doesn't have.

11. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Hasn't this been done sooooo many other times to no avail?

12. swami24

It will be different if Comcast pimps them, as they are part of the collective now.

13. I hope it is on NBC Sports Philly & not the NBC Sports Philly+ station. In the Lehigh Valley only one cable company offers it, and their poor internet service keeps me from going back to them.

14. Hollywood42

I would imagine home games if the sixers aren’t on the road would be on the regular station and assume road games would be on plus
    If they do go that route