Two announcements tomorrow

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Sep 12, 2018.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Have you ever been in that stadium? Strangest place I have ever been in. No seats on one end, and huge upper deck on the other. The ends look designed for concerts, not sports. Only place I have ever seen with a dip in the concourse.

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Which stadium are we talking about?

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

He's talking about the BCA.

4. AmericanRockFan

The "no seats on one end, huge upper deck on the other" threw me off. Other than that, I agree. You can tell the arena clearly was build for concerts and such since you can tell there used to be a stage at the one end.

5. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

That isnt true is it? Didn't they just get rid of the seats in that end a few years ago? I remember there being seats there and then they lowered the seating capacity and put in tables and "suits".

6. AmericanRockFan

I kinda forgot it wasn't always like that at that one end. But yeah, there's a party deck in that one end but there still are some seats above it.

7. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

The upper deck on the one side is ridiculously huge and out of scale for the rest of the arena lol

8. AmericanRockFan

Not really. It's just a balcony pretty much :confused: It does look sort of awkward though, and in hindsight it's really not needed since neither the Amerks or Knighthawks get large enough crowds. I enjoy sitting up there from time to time because it feels like a pretty remote and private seating area.

9. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I think he was talking about the other end..... the one with the 200 level that extends like 25 rows.

10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

5481C846-DAC0-4067-9AFF-189765F1F509.jpeg This part you boob

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  11. AmericanRockFan

Ah. I don’t really refer to the 200s as an “upper deck” hence the confusion.

12. MILLwasbetter

It really is a weird place to watch a game but I enjoy it. I love old rinks that aren't cookie cutter ovals. I've sat in the area ARF is talking about, it's almost like not being in the arena at all, like you're watching the whole event from outside or something. hard to describe but pretty cool.

13. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

Kind of on topic, but I saw an interview with Steve Donner that said at one point there were plans to have the "upper" 200 bowl go all the way around like your typical arena would. Not sure why they didn't go that route and I don't think pictures/renderings were ever released, but it was at the very least on the table at one point.

The balcony area people are describing above on the Court St end is indeed a strange place to sit. You actually have a pretty nice view of the arena, but I don't like how disconnected from the rest of the crowd you feel. The goal horn is also incredibly loud up there from what I remember, have only sat up there once or twice though.

14. AmericanRockFan

I wonder if putting in a regular style upper deck would've meant having to raise the roof and would've come with a bunch of other costs that were ultimately deemed unnecessary. Personally, I think in the next round of renovations they should dig into the ground and put the rink below street level. Then you can make another level of hallways down there as well.

And yes, the horn up there is primarily why I don't sit up there that often. And that's coming from someone who should be immune to that horn by now.

15. AmericanRockFan

100%. I remember really being surprised at how the arena looks from up there. You also feel on top of the action up there as well.

16. MILLwasbetter

disconnected is the perfect way to describe it. if they were to ever put a glass wall in front of the seats, it would be like the corner suites at the ralph. probably wouldn't be a horrible idea to make that a suite section and generate some more money.

17. AmericanRockFan

If it's soundproof glass so I don't have to hear the damn horn, then sign me up.