UFC 129: Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by WILaxFan, Apr 29, 2011.

?

Who Wins UFC 129: Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2011.
  1. Georges St. Pierre

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Jake Shields

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WILaxFan

WILaxFan Member

Who wins UFC 129: Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  2. WILaxFan

WILaxFan Member

I have GSP, Aldo and Machida winning, although I'd love to see Couture win his last fight.

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Who and who and what are they doing? :confused2:

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I have St-Pierre, Aldo, and Machida winning in the big fights, with Brilz knocking off Matyushenko and Bocek beating Henderson. But I would love to see Shields beat St-Pierre.

St-Pierre/Shields has been a dream matchup of mine for nearly two years, and tomorrow it finally becomes a reality :D

Here's a blog entry I wrote about the fight, in case anyone is interested (I apologize for how long of an entry it was)
    http://mmapavilion.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/georges-st-pierre-vs-jake-shields-a-dream-come-true-sort-of/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  5. AmericanRockFan

I agree about Couture. I might actually be more frustrated if he wins against a guy like Machida in his last fight, because it could open the door for a couple of "what if?" questions.

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Same here

7. Canadan

Canadan New Member

The very thought of a crowd of WANNABES in downtown Toronto wearing their Tapout clothing makes me wanna HURL!!!:eek::doh::rolleyes:

8. AmericanRockFan

Not to start a debate, but is a bunch of people wearing Tapout or Affliction shirts to a UFC event much different than a bunch of people wearing a Rock jersey or t-shirt to the game tomorrow?

9. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Great point

10. Canadan

Canadan New Member

I see Tapout wear all over the place :eek::doh: It was like the West Coast Choppers, etc.....It's only "unique" for a while, then it gets redundant. NLL wear IS unique, and it seems that it will always be.

11. Gonzo In Roch

Gonzo In Roch New Member

If I want to watch these type of fights, I'll head on down to the bar at about 1:30 am.

PS: Doesn't "Tap Out" mean you are a loser?

RockStar likes this.
  12. AmericanRockFan

When was the last time you saw a kimura or an armbar in a bar fight?

And I agree. Tapout does sounds like you lost. I've always questioned the name of that brand.

13. AmericanRockFan

While I'm not a fan of people wearing Tapout shirts either, how do you feel about people who wear Maple Leafs or Yankees gear? That's definitely not unique.

14. gctales

gctales New Member

15. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Oh for the love of God, please don't mention the Leafs to Canadan or we'll get the standard "GOLF LOAFS GOLF!!!!!!1!!" joke. Note to non-Leafs fans - yes, that joke DOES get old.

RockStar likes this.
  16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

What if you interpret "TAP OUT" as a command to an opponent, rather than a statement of what you do?

Changes things a bit, eh?

Anyway, whatever. I watched lacrosse tonight. Hope the fight fans got what they were looking for.

17. Gonzo In Roch

Gonzo In Roch New Member

I've seen arms used in bar fights.
    But since when did the Kama Sutra get incorporated into MMA (or whatever it's called).

18. AmericanRockFan

The fight went pretty much the way I expected; a very defensive effort from both fighters. But I expected the fighter to be on the ground, not on the feet. I was a little surprised to see Shields inflict as much damage on St-Pierre as he did.

19. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

If it was not for these message boards I still would not have heard about this fight and I have been looking for the last 4-5 days

20. AmericanRockFan

Here ya go :)
    http://espn.go.com/mma/