Uniform question

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Wings2Go, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Wings2Go

Wings2Go New Member

Hey Rock fans,

Did Toronto do away with the Space Needle playing the lacrosse stick as a gutair?

I don't remember seeing it on the jersey (sweater for you old timers) in some of the pics that have been released.

------------------
    Wings2Go<FONT size="4">.<FONT COLOR="Red">.</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Silver">.</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Red">.</FONT c>.</FONT s>all the way
    • <FONT COLOR="Red">1990</FONT c>
    • <FONT COLOR="Silver">1994</FONT c>
    • <FONT COLOR="Red">1995</FONT c>

2. Brine Boy

Brine Boy New Member

At least Toronto takes at chance. Phily is so basic it's not funny!!

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

sometimes better is basic - what college team has the most famous uniform - penn state because its so basic that it stands out. besides, i'm glad our uniform logo isn't some cartoon, we're serious in philly.

4. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Does tradition mean anything to the non-Wings fans on this board?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Wings logo go back to the Mid 70's and the old NLL!

5. woodstick

woodstick New Member

You are correct Wings Nut, the light colored jerseys the Wings wear are similar to the old NLL Wings jerseys.

6. Brine Boy

Brine Boy New Member

You have to get with the times. Add a little colour for goodness sake.

7. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Why fix it if it isn't broken?

8. BigDawg

BigDawg New Member

Because it's old, lacks jazz but then so do most of the Wings fans, so I guess it's a good fit. By the way I don't care for the new Rock uniforms, would have preferred the old ones with the new Logo.

POTL
    Big Dawg

9. Wings2Go

Wings2Go New Member

hey,
    my intention was only to verify that the rock indeed changed logos.
    I was not trying to start a debate on "Who's logo is best?"

Personally I agree with Big Dawg, I like the new logo, but still not sold on the new or old (plain white or blue) jerseys.

At first I thought the new ones were alright, until I saw a pic of one from behind.

I looks like the St Louis Blues logo exploded all over it...

Glad to see the animated Space Needle gone. Like the Shinny metallic look of the word ROCK, and the wavy Maple leaf (probably would have gotten sued by the MapleLeafs if they used a traditional leaf)....however, it does make me thirsty for a Molson when I see it........
    Oh now I get it...subliminal messaging, see the Rock, drink a Molson.....I can handle that..

------------------
    Wings2Go<FONT size="4">.<FONT COLOR="Red">.</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Silver">.</FONT c><FONT COLOR="Red">.</FONT c>.</FONT s>all the way
    • <FONT COLOR="Red">1990</FONT c>
    • <FONT COLOR="Silver">1994</FONT c>
    • <FONT COLOR="Red">1995</FONT c>

10. 1413

1413 New Member

Space Needle? CN Tower surely...

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Ah, this reminds me of a conversation I had at a baseball game in New Britain, Connecticut back in 2013. I was watching the Blue Jays' AA-affiliate, the New Hampshire FisherCats, undoubtedly beat the **** out of the New Britain RockCats, then the AA-affiliate of the Minnesota Twins. While I was there, some autograph hound who had recently attended a Blue Jays game in Toronto a few days or weeks prior. He felt obligated to tell me all about it, myself being Connecticut's token Toronto Blue Jays fan at the time, and he said to me "ya know that big space needle thing next to the Rogers Centre?"

"You mean the CN Tower?" I replied.

"Yeah! That big space needle thingy they got there!" He exclaimed, rather excitedly.

"Yes.... it's called the CN Tower" I replied, getting rather annoyed as I was trying to maintain a friendly demeanor in a conversation I originally, and still at this moment, wanted no part of."

"Yeah, they let people walk on top of the space needle!" He told me, telling me something I already knew.

"Cool beans," I told the annoying patron, and made my way to another part of the ballpark.