US Lacrose Magazine: multiple new expansion teams will be announced in coming weeks

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Sep 13, 2018.

1. toad455

toad455 Member

Also, with technically 5 western teams & 9 eastern teams in 2019-2020, how does the league divide the conferences? Three divisions?

ATLANTIC: Boston, New England, Philadelphia, New York, Halifax
    EAST: Georgia, Buffalo, Rochester, Toronto
    WEST: Colorado, San Diego, Vancouver, Saskatchewan, Calgary

2. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

no.

AmericanRockFan likes this.
  3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I agree. That is one big piece of BS he spewed there.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

This is the NLL. You'll have 2 divisions. 1 10-team east division, and 1 4-team west division. Top three teams from each division make the playoffs. So you'll have a 4-14 3rd place west team making a Cinderella run to the championship game in true NLL fashion.

RockStar and MILLwasbetter like this.
  5. chuckster

But this is the NLL so to solve that, there will be a convoluted crossover scenario where the fifth place East team can go be the 4th seed in the West for the 1st round. Or something like that but dumber. Maybe it will involve a mini-game, too.

6. AmericanRockFan

The NLL would find a way to have the 4th place West team take the 2nd place East team's spot.

RockStar likes this.
  7. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Do not forget about moving the championship game due to a circus IIRC

RockStar likes this.
  8. AmericanRockFan

100%. The 3rd place west team with a 4-14 record will host the championship game in front of 2,700 fans because the 1st place Halifax Knighthawks were preempted by Cirque du Soleil.

9. MILLwasbetter

Halifax privateers*^^^^

10. MILLwasbetter

honestly, why cant we just have no divisions and everyone plays a home and home? is it so much to ask for?

RockStar and Andrew GEA like this.
  11. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

12. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Or maybe it's not as close as may have been "reported"?

If this dude was smart (which, if anything with his time with the Union tells us, he's not) he'd hold out on more expansion for several years.

13. AFedyk

AFedyk Guest

We 100% know there are two more teams coming. I agree once “New York” and “San Fran” are announced we should wait a while for more teams to come in.

14. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Nick's trying to get all the money he can before the recession hits.

15. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

If the expansion fee is really $5 million per team, the league office is more prosperous than it has been in years, and, if the member clubs are getting anything resembling a sizeable p piece of this, they too are more prosperous than they have been in years......

Temptation is certainly there to rush this.

I still say that going beyond 13 is dangerous due to the serious lack of goaltending and other talent.

I will go watch an early-season Senior B game......but, I can tolerate that because those games are rough as hell, and don't have a whistle-happy ref stopping play every 38s, nor media timeouts.

I may not deal with going downtown to watch Senior B guys filling out the league for softer lacrosse.

16. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

Is there talent in net on the horizon or will there be 3 or 4 teams in a 16 team league with poor goaltending? It would be a concern if expansion teams in important markets have awful squads to start.

17. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

There’s teams now with poor goaltending.... New England doesn’t have jack ****

18. Hollywood42

Or Philadelphia or buffalo

19. chuckster

But you said they were getting Vinc. Have you changed your mind?

20. Hollywood42

It’s coming