Vancouver Rebrand- Predictions?

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by wingsfan20, Aug 15, 2018.

1. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

fighty whiteys

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  2. wingsfan20

wingsfan20 Guest

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

It'd be nice if they had the rebrand done by the draft. It'd be a little bush of this league to have a non-expansion team known simply as "Vancouver" drafting players.

4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I just hope it's not the Ravens.

Don't get me wrong, I actually liked the Ravens name and logo and wished that that team never departed.

However, in April 2003, the Vancouver Ravens (9-7) were able to bump the Albany Attack (8-8) (currently Vancouver Stealth) from playoff contention because the New Jersey Storm pulled that Ginny stunt (*) in their final game which was against the Vancouver Ravens. Vancouver quickly pummeled Ginny thus basically giving Vancouver a free-ride into the playoffs (By defeating Vancouver earlier, Albany had the tie-breaker over Vancouver).

Albany, that year, started a dismal 2-6, but they were on fire going 6-2 the second half of the season. Had they gotten into the playoffs, they might actually have won it all and that might have been the turn-around necessary to keep the team in Albany at least for another season.

So, to me, it just seems wrong that the Albany Attack would be, 15 years later, rechristened as the Vancouver Ravens.

(*) https://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/14/sports/plus-lacrosse-first-woman-plays-in-league-game.html
    Goaltender Ginny Capicchioni became the first woman to compete in the National Lacrosse League, playing nearly 12 minutes for the New Jersey Storm in its season finale yesterday at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J.

Capicchioni allowed 6 goals on 13 shots, finishing with 7 saves in less than 12 minutes in an 18-9 loss to the Vancouver Ravens.

5. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

They've already said it won't be Ravens.

https://twitter.com/SteveEwen/status/1030497025496739840

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i always give ginny props.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Ginny had some guts, and a good stick. Just way too slight of body to face pro men shooters in full NLL size nets.

dougm likes this.
  8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Straight from the NLL, here's a look at the new Vancouver logo. Discuss.....:p

Attached Files:

MILLwasbetter and RockStar like this.
  9. AmericanRockFan

The sad thing is that if you replace "NO LOGO" with "VANCOUVER" then that logo might be better than whatever the team is going to reveal.

MILLwasbetter and RockStar like this.
  10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

it needs to be a minor league looking person or animal with a lacrosse stick, or else it is not NLL worthy

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  11. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

Also, if it's plural, replace the S with a Z or and X.

RockStar likes this.
  12. AmericanRockFan

Just turn that black stripe into a lacrosse stick, and you've got your logo for the Vancouver Knights!

13. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

14. AmericanRockFan

Purple Knightz.

15. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I think they go Vancouver JC's (Johnny Canuck)

16. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

Per Stealth Play-by-play man Jake Elliot on the Lacrosse Classified podcast the rebrand will be announced on the 19th.

17. wingsfan20

wingsfan20 Guest

18. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Looks like black and lime green or neon yellow. Not sure how that says "Vancouver"

19. AmericanRockFan

Looks like a Rush uniform. I wish they would've revealed it before the draft. It's gonna be kinda weird for Sak to announce "with the ___ pick of the draft, Vancouver (no name) selects ___"

20. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

Draft is the 25th, these are being revealed the Friday before that.