Vancouver Stealth media coverage is the best

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BenMitchell, Jan 2, 2018.

1. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

Have you ever paid attention to the amount of media coverage the Vancouver Stealth get? They have a weekly podcast, radio coverage of both home and away and an announcer in Jake Elliot who travels with the team on the road. Does any other team get this kind of coverage that I'm not aware of? And to think- what if they were a good team?

2. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

The Bandits have radio coverage of home and away also including a pre-game show. John Gurtler travels with them on the road, as well. Gurtler writes a weekly blog during the season on the website, but they don't have a kind of podcast. Buffalo has historically had good coverage in the Buffalo News as well with Tom Borrelli, Budd Bailey, and now Jack Goods.

Vin likes this.
  3. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

That's a great point. I do remember reading Tom Borelli in the paper. He was one of the best. As for the Vancouver podcast, its called Stealth Classified and it is produced every week all year. In the summer obviously the NLL news is on the back burner but they also talk about the summer leagues like the WLA. It's a great listen. It's up on iTunes every Saturday morning. Highly recommended. It's hosted by the voices of the Stealth, Brad Challoner and Jake Elliot.

4. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Don't know if it was a fluke but Vancouver had 4.2k in attendance... Maybe more people are listening to their radio shows

5. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

It looked like more than 4200. Probably the last good crowd ever.

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I was impressed that most fans didn't start to leave until later in the fourth quarter.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

it actually looked like a more solid than usual crowd......i was hoping for a win, but, one where the home team fought hard and put on a decent show.