1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Vegas

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by swami24, May 20, 2018.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Betting wise, you're correct. Vegas has 500/1 odds to win the Cup this year. That soccer team had 5,000/1 odds.

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

At least that futbol team had a team prior to.that win. Vegas pretty much makes every NHL GM squirm.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

True but the financial realities and the ease of which skill players can force a move Make any BPL team outside the big six worse off than most expansion teams. The best a non big six team can hope for is that for 32% of your season you play against the big six they only have 11 starters and 2 subs better than your best player.

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Plus, Leicester City had just been promoted to the Premier League a couple years earlier I believe. As awesome as the Vegas story is, I think Leicester City was more impressive. But to each their own :D

5. swami24

True Underdog stories are great in any sport, and even a futbol hater like me can relish in the LC story... but I still favor a first year team playing for the greatest trophy in sports.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

It looks like the Cinderella run for Vegas is over. Caps are dominating, Fleury is choking and Vegas is hitting posts. I know the Caps have been down this road before in blowing series leads but it can't happen again......right? :eek:

7. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

hitting posts? they are clanging so many last night that i would swear they were aiming for pipe.

8. swami24

Bettman and the rest.of the gms in the league are happy. Bettman gets to.see a star and long time team hold the Cup for the first times. The GMs don't get embarrassed.

As.a Flyers fans....looking at the class of 68, at least.the Blues still haven't won it. Golden State Seals franchise never won.

9. swami24

Congrats to the great 8 and the Caps. Don't like them, but don't hate them too much either.

10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Good for Ovie and good for the Caps. Vegas went on a run for the ages but the Caps were the better team and deserved it.

11. swami24

Columbus gave them a good run. Before the playoffs started, I thought they would be the easiest opponents for the Flyers. I tip my turban for that misjudgment.