...vs. Toronto 1/26/19 Throwback Night

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by jstraw80, Jan 25, 2019.

1. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Opened my closet, grabbed my dry cleaned wrapped jersey and PWFC lanyard. Pulled the ticket out of the lanyard, last game I saw live was 2009. Can't believe it's been 10 years since i've seen the Wings.

Can't wait to get there tomorrow with two of my kids, who weren't even born yet in 2009. I know they are excited too.

Now, I originally had my red Iannucci jersey out, but it's throwback night. So i'm debating between my 2001 Championship jersey or my mesh Wings MILL jersey.

1sttimelongtime likes this.
  2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I tried on my late 90's silver one (the one they're wearing tomorrow) but I was too fat.

So it'll be the black one from 2000.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So, the Rock are gonna beat the Wings down for old time sake? Is that why tomorrow is Throwback Night? :cool:

4. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you

5. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Party like its Apr 27, 2001.

I can still.squeeze into my mid 90s Bergey Jersey, so that will be it for me. Since its.Toronto, I will go with the 2001 Championship hat.

6. 1sttimelongtime

1sttimelongtime Active Member

I believe tonight will be a Spano night :)

7. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

Great seeing the classic Wings jerseys back on the floor. They should go back to those.

8. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Active Member

Throwbacks looked great. Another strong crowd, another close one. Wins will be coming.

9. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Big differences in game presentation. They must have been listening. The slow music when the opponents had the ball was.gone. and the announcer was alittle more selective in delivery, especially urging on the crowd.

I liked the statements and response of.the crowd to the commentary from.players on last.week.

1sttimelongtime likes this.
  10. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

I didn't get to catch the game but the jerseys looked pretty sick from the highlights. Hopefully they will wear them more than once a season.

11. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Throwback game it sure was
    It’s not a wings game until they sh!t the bed in the 4th quarter

RockStar likes this.
  12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

They didn’t **** the bed, the Rock turned it on.

13. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Was nice seeing some old faces in the crowd, made me smile.

14. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Let me also note, it was a pretty lame 'throwback night.'
    Only one player returned? Just seemed all they did was get the old jersey's, throw some old youtube clips up on the screen and bring out Jake.
    I know they did more interviews on the tv broadcast, but there it was pretty bad, IMO.

15. Hollywood42

What they need to do is get rid of the black jersey and wear those throwbacks at home , wayyyyyyy easier to read from the stands

Tom Wersderfer likes this.
  16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

At the start of the season, I looked at the roster and commented that the defence was a whole bunch of "Who Dat?".

Wondering if they were up to their old tricks of doubleshifting the top half to stay in a tough game, only to have those guys get burned by fatigue

17. rnsykes

rnsykes Active Member

I’m pretty sure Matisz played about 55 minutes of that game. He’s a beast. Cloutier is too round to run to the bench when we’re defending the close goal. And was that Matt Cord on the mic?

18. Hollywood42

No it was still mark farzetta

19. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

That was a tough one for Philly. Why is San Diego such a better expansion team? Is it just Austin Staats?

P.S. I hope Trevor Baptiste doesn't get so sick of losing he decides to bail on box lacrosse.

20. Hollywood42

Staats, a far superior starting goalie, better offense

And I don’t gaf if baptiste stays or goes, he won’t have a job long if his only contribution is a faceoff