Warriors in 30

Discussion in 'Vancouver Warriors Forum' started by Ziel37, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Ziel37

Ziel37 Member

It took 6 games into the season but the Warriors finally have a deal with Sportsnet Pacific to show a 30 minute recap of the previous game, similar to how they do Jays in 30. Hopefully this broadens the audience a bit more. Maybe a TV deal in the near future similar to Philly and Colorado?

RockStar likes this.
  2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Nice!

Hard to believe there's less regional TV coverage for the NLL than there was a decade ago.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

It'd be swell if Dawick could've made a deal like this with TSN5 or SN360.....

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

At very least on one of the two sports radio stations that rarely have anything other than two guys talking hockey or football when they are not broadcasting an event......

5. Ziel37

Ziel37 Member

Yeah crazy to think. Even in Vancouver the same station used to televise all Vancouver Ravens games live from what I understand.

6. R.J

R.J Guest

Wouldn’t it be better for Dawick to have the Rock airing on TSN4, which is the Toronto regional network instead of TSN5 (Ottawa & East Coast) ?

7. AmericanRockFan

Meh, as a non-Canadian I don't know the difference between all these TSN channels. But if they cover different regions, that explains why TSN 2, 4, and 5 often show the same thing.

8. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

Its sad in a way. I have heard though that the exclusivity of the deal with BRlive could be holding up talking with having proper regional coverage because the said regional coverage also wants to stream games online as well.

9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

wouldn't be the first time that a meh national deal hurt regional coverage.....nll needs exposure in its markets, have to be careful with exclusivity clauses!

10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

11. R.J

R.J Guest

12. AmericanRockFan

13. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I can't imagine the ratings are great but it's a cheap thing to produce that is like easily paid for with ad time.

What makes it difficult to listen to is the nonsense that comes from guys like Gurgler in Buffalo and Ripper in Rochester.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  14. AmericanRockFan

Gurgler sounds world class compared to Ripper. Given the choice between just looking at the final score later and listening to a Rock/Knighthawks radio broadcast with Ripper calling the action, I'll just look at the score later.