Waters should be banned

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by mtbf, Jan 25, 2003.

1. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

His behavior yesterday was a disgrace and then to take a swing at a bandit fan who PAID him to watch the game. Poor PR by the man most likely to run the league into the ground with his multiple ownership. Waters should not be allowed inside another areana this season for an altercation with a fan. I know the police were contacted anyone know if charges we filed?

2. ckg68

ckg68 New Member

If this is true...I agree with you.

Can anyone who made the trip from Buffalo,who saw it,confirm it? (Same with Toronto fans who may have seen it.)

Carl...

3. ckg68

ckg68 New Member

If this is true...I agree with you.

Can anyone who made the trip from Buffalo,who saw it,confirm it? (Same with Toronto fans who may have seen it.)

Carl...

4. bigfan

bigfan New Member

I can tell you there was no such altercation. I did not even speak to a buffalo fan yesterday. I am not proud of what happened at the end of the game but the lack of class that the Buffalo Bandits showed yesterday. Will leave a black eye on this league for a long time.

Brad Watters

5. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

BRAD WAS IN A YELLING MATCH AT THE BANDIT BENCH

WITH KILGOUR.

BUT DID NOT SWING AT ANY FAN

GREAT TRY TO START A RUMOUR THOUGH

6. Tsitshoh

Tsitshoh New Member

That's not what I heard!

She:kon!

I heard that Brad Watters not only hit a Buffalo fan, but killed three and wounded five more, travelled to Buffalo and robbed two late-night banks, took in a movie in St. Catherines and made it home in time to have a beer with Harold Ballards ghost. I heard this on the Internet and we all know the Internet never lies....

lol!

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

7. raphilly

raphilly New Member

Another fine mess...

I'm not inclined to pass judgment on whether MTBF's claim is true or untrue (I've heard from Brad via email, and he vehemently denies it). I'm not closing the thread, but I will warn everyone to post according to the rules.

There is a potential legal issue here, if this is indeed libel. That's between Brad and Michael. Part of the terms or use agreement is the acceptance that "neither the owners of National Lacrosse League Message Board or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message."

However, we do look poorly upon libel, as it is a violation of civil law. Those who commit libel on this board will be removed. (not that I particularly expect Michael to care about that)

R.A.

8. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

good call

9. Drynagolt

Drynagolt New Member

Brad Watters is the MAN! He got pissed off, but I bet most Toronto fans were. He shouldn't have been getting involved, he was wrong, but I seriously doubt that he hit a Bandit fan.

10. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I said swung at not hit I am sure he has his own verson I just hope it got on tape

11. Harper

Harper New Member

Black eye on the league?!?!?!?!? Did you ever watch lacrosse before you bought the Rock? For a team that has bullied and battered teams since they entered the league, I wouldn't start saying that about Buffalo. Just in Ottawa the other night, Ladouceur knocks Painter into his own keeper and than starts beating on him days after getting better from a concussion. Last year Ladouceur started beating the hell out of Lindsay Plunkett, who wanted nothing to do with it, for absolutely nothing. Plunkett is a kid and wanted nothing to do with that crap. Too bad Laddy didn't have the balls last night, Ogilvie and Hackle would have cleaned the floor with him. I'm a Rock fan, but for a team that hardly backs away from anything, I was embarrased more for Toronto than Buffalo last night. Kilgours bringing back some good old fashioned lacrosse back to the league, and I can't believe it's Toronto that's crying about it.

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

mtbf:

What colour is the sky in your world?

Please pass me some of your glue, I want to get out of my mind after reading your latest contribution.

"police were contacted", "charges we filed" (sic), etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2003
  13. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

And if...and I say IF...any of this alledged behavior had actually happened, do you not think it just might have made the papers? SOMEWHERE? A fan and an owner...where was the press? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

14. Canadan

Canadan New Member

Re: That's not what I heard!

Did he also put out a fire on Genesee St. in North Tonawanda?? Then co-anchored the news with Irv Weinstein!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

15. Tsitshoh

Tsitshoh New Member

Irv Weinstein!!??

She:kon Canadan!

"Irv Weinstein!!" LOL! :rotfl:

"Do you know where your children are??"

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

16. toros_00

toros_00 Moderator

I'm sorry, but Toronto fans are the most unclassiest fans in the league. I was sitting behind the bench, guys are talking sh*t to me, swearing at the coachs and players. Then some idiot, just because he has 1 front seats behind the bench's, he thinks he can get up at start yelling at Darris and the Bandits.

Toronto did not beat us, we beat ourselves with all the penalties!

IronMan

LETS GO BANDITS!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

17. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

And, of course, there are no fans like that anywhere else in the league!

I find it very annoying when all the fans from one place or another are painted with the same brush, so to speak. I have been in a number of NLL arenas & have met, for the most part, really terriffic lacrosse fans...people, like me, who love their team AND enjoy the game. But I have also been on the recieving end of some pretty nasty abuse...even in Buffalo.

But...for the most part what I can say is that I have enjoyed my trips to other arenas because I can ignore the "idiots" (usually "fans" with a little too much " wobbly pop" on board).

And...toros_00...just a suggestion! IGNORE THEM! I do and usually the other fans get on them and, in my case at least, come to the rescue. And you will come out looking like the real fan that you are.

18. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

No, goddess, of course not.

There are no fans anywhere in this league or any other league who abuse players or coaches. That is strictly a Toronto Lacrosse issue. Those guys in Buffalo behind the penalty box certainly don't abuse the players, and neither do the ones behind the visitor bench. I tell you, with the rudeness in Toronto, Its amazing the league hasn't pulled the team from us!

Also, that fan is braver than I if he's yelling at Darris with only a half inch of plexi separating them....leave us never forget what happened to that shmuck in Philly that fell into the P-box with Domi

19. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

orange and black why you ask

20. Harper

Harper New Member