We are on the cusp of the finals

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by RockStar, May 20, 2018.

1. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

At least game 3 is not in Gwinnet.

2. GoKHawksGo

GoKHawksGo Active Member

Are you paying attention Mr. Commish? Games in June are a tough sell in a northern city, even if it's for the cup

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Sad to see that's the case in what's probably the league's best market right now.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Vin, for what it is worth, I did not even post in the thread you quoted.

I can remember thinking that a few things about the mini game were stupid - like, that they were sort of pretending it was a tiebreaking game 3, but, you couldn't change your roster and that penalties carried over.

I cannot argue that the mini games that year were enthralling while they were being played, so, that's something.

After living through a few schemes, I think one and done is best for this league though......season should have been done several weeks ago, and, with a one-and-done in each playoff round, it might have been.

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Seeing the ticket chart there’s no way the rush have that 10,000 STH base anymore
    Remember the Rush required all STH to buy the playoff package this year with Seasons

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Their arena is available on Saturday. I bet they could get a solid 6,000 people there if it was to be held there. :D

7. unspoken

unspoken Member

That's for renewals for next year that the exhibition and 1st playoff game are part of the STH package. For this current year, they weren't part of it.

They still do have over 10,000 season tickets sold. The problem is that a fair number of those are held by local bars who offer them as packages (pre-game food and/or liquor spcial at bar, bus ride to the arena and back, and game ticket). The primary audience for those packages are university students, many of which have left town for the summer. So some of those bars might not be picking up theirgroups of tickets.

Price increases also might be playing a role too. My tickets which averaged around $55 per game regular season have cost roughly $67 per game for playoffs. Compare that to game 2 in Rochester where upper bowl tickets cost $19.50 each in Canadian dollars. In Saskatoon, depending on where you sit, the upper bowl starts at $25 plus service fees and can get up to the same price as mine

8. AmericanRockFan

That's a pretty common issue in minor league sports, that businesses don't buy playoff tickets. It kinda makes me wonder which NLL team has the highest percentage of corporate/business season ticket holders.

9. Hollywood42

Prolly the teams that play in big venues
    I know in Philadelphia you are required for the club boxes that hang under the 200 level to buy every event the building hosts

10. AmericanRockFan

So how do the Wings sell club box season tickets then? Do they sublease them through the companies that own them or something?

11. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Eric is talking about the suite level, located directly above the club box level. (The area just below the upper level)

[​IMG]

12. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I actually started going to Wings games because my mom would use her company's season tickets. Once we went, she had dibs on every game while leaving Flyers and Sixers tickets to the other employees since they were much more coveted. My whole first year going was simply using the company tickets every game before becoming actually season ticket holders the following year.

13. AmericanRockFan

Ah, those are suites, not club boxes :p

14. Hollywood42

Yes suite duh
    And sadly on wings games in the past, most of not all were dark because I guess no one wanted the tickets

I used to sit in the Pepsi suite all the time as a kid for flyers games because the vending company my dad worked for would get them from Pepsi

Same with the tasty cake sky box at the vet

15. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Club box seats in Philly have first option for any stadium event, for Flyers STHs. I assume the it works for Sixers too. Remaining seats for things like concerts are available for any Flyer STH, before they go on sale. That is how I have picked up plenty of concert tickets. Muse, Peter Gabriel, Jeff Dunham, Elton John, and the list goes on. It is a great STH perk.

So suite owners have to have tix to Sixers, Flyers and all...wow, did not realize that.

16. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I somehow ended up there for one hot double header night. People were still eating the cole slaw at 9pm, even though it had been sitting out in the heat for hours :eek:

17. Hollywood42

That would lead me to believe you buy it at whatever price it is and every event is yours

Attached Files:

18. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

checked nll.com to see who won the cup... it's still not over....

19. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

How the **** is it possible, that a league with 6 playoff teams, has a post season more dragged out than the NHL and NBA?

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Outcompeting all of the others! Nicky Sak FTW!