Welcome Letter From John Jiloty at Inside Lacrosse

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by JSap, Feb 25, 2008.

1. JSap

JSap Administrator

I go to all types of lacrosse games, in all types of areas. And I can say without a doubt that the NLL has the best fans in the game.

It’s not even close. Every NLL game I go to I’m blown away by the passionate, enthusiastic crowd.

These forums are a perfect example of that. What John Sapello (and all of you guys) have done with Wingszone.com is incredible. It’s an excellent site and a great, healthy message board. We’re fired up to be a part of this thing.

Inside Lacrosse may be more of a field lacrosse audience but we’ve always covered and supported the NLL, both in the magazine and online. Merging IL with Wingszone this year was a natural move that made sense to complement NLLInsider.com and increase our NLL coverage. We’ve always wanted to do more not only with the NLL but also the summer box leagues in Canada. Resources have always limited us. But now that we’ve finally made some progress there we can get more involved.

We’ve made a few tweaks to the site (custom avatars, separate NLLInsider.com thread, new header), but we’re more than open to more suggestions from you guys. Email me (john.jiloty@insidelacrosse.com) any time with ideas. We have no plans to overhaul the site, but we do want to cater it to what you guys want.

From a content standpoint, we’re involved because we love what’s going on here. We have no intentions of limiting any conversations. That wouldn’t be good for either of us. I’ve read some concerns about the new “corporate” ownership but I can assure you we’re the furthest thing from corporate. Our publisher hasn’t been photographed without a trucker hat in the decade I’ve known him. A huge divot got taken out of the carpet of our old office thanks to a mini-stick game gone bad. We’re fans of the game as much as you are.

What you guys have always done on Wingszone is what we want you to always do on Wingszone. All we want is to make sure that many more people read and respond to your posts.

Also, I urge you to check out NLLInsider.com. We’ve brought together as wide a group as possible (fans, players, coaches, analysts, NLL dancers, team brass, etc) in an effort to cover every side of the game. We all know mainstream media coverage of the NLL leaves a lot to be desired. NLLInsider.com is meant to fill that gap.

So, again, we’re pumped to be a part of this. And I stress again that we in no way want to alter or censor what you guys have created. John created a sticky asking for your suggestions moving forward. Please post on that sticky, or you’re always welcome to drop me an email. I very much want to try to meet any concerns/desires you have.

Anxious to do more with you guys moving forward. Thanks.

John Jiloty
    Vice President
    Editor-in-Chief
    Inside Lacrosse

2. mrut321

mrut321 New Member

thank you for the welcome

3. emtajim

emtajim New Member

Welcome. Is there any thought of adding an ALA forum in the Non-NLL section? You know Alberta, the new kid in town.

Jim

4. emtajim

emtajim New Member

Opps my bad, it should be the RMLL.

5. brittlee

brittlee New Member

this is very nice...

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

What's with these complimentary spam accounts lately?

7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

League trying to make itself look great. they probably will use these posts as statistical evidence of the leagues rising poularity.

8. LacrosseFanMD

LacrosseFanMD New Member

I am honored to be a part of this forum.