Well Did the buyers come through?

Discussion in 'Arizona Sting Forum' started by YBNormal, Oct 20, 2008.

1. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

Well Did the buyers come through?

2. Stadium_lax_2

Stadium_lax_2 New Member

Um the sting are gone, they recently had another dispersal draft that is supposed to be permanent from what i've heard.

3. Bretmac

Bretmac Active Member

its cheeper to buy an old franchise then to start a new one so they could have agreed to the forfieted players

4. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

the sting are dead
    they will never resurrect
    all players have been moved
    the franchise rights can be sold to a city for "expansion purposes" like portland did when they bought anaheims rights
    but will have to do an expansion draft

5. wordup!

wordup! New Member

wrong..Portland was a true expnansion team...they tried to buy anaheim but the difference was $200K. So Angela told Jason williams no. She has done very good, but last I heard Jason Williams is still trying to sell the rights-which might still have outstanding debts too.

6. humres0083

humres0083 New Member

Bet you roch old owner buys the sting and moves them to FLA

7. Slinger 120

Slinger 120 New Member

Doug Moss actually answered one of my E-Mails. He simply stated that when a final decision was made on the team fans would be notified.

Or put it another way: All that is left is the carpet. They will sell that to Florida and maybe officially announce that the Sting have folded.

The Cup game was the last moment for the Sting. I was there and I will have fond memories of Conn flying through the air and scoring the 11th goal for the Sting....two too short.

8. fandit

fandit Active Member

I'm not sure the old Roch owner could afford to buy a lacrosse ball, let alone a whole squad. :D Most of the money he got from the sale went to the people he owed, not his own pockets.

9. YBNormal

YBNormal New Member

For what it's worth, a couple weeks ago my son was ordering tickets for the Coyotes/Red Wings game. The on hold message for the Coyotes ticket ;ine still lists the Arizona Sting.

10. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

Forbes suggests Phoenix Coyotes be sold

Looks like the Coyotes are still trying to sell the Sting. Reading this, it sounds like shutting down the Sting is the only answer the Coyotes can come up with to fix their problems. Sure hope they can find an owner to sell to, even though I don't feel optimistic about it.