Wes Berg

Discussion in 'Calgary Roughnecks Forum' started by New Fan, Feb 4, 2019.

1. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Anyone got an update on the status of Berg with the Roughnecks? Will he sign or will he sit for the season? Hey Colorado, get on the phone, you could use a righty.

2. toolytay

toolytay Guest

He is in Denver right now according to his Instagram story...

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I don't know what Calgary would be looking for in a trade but Berg would be a solid addition to the right side of the Mammoth O. They could definitely use the help there. I bet you could get Berg out of Calgary for someone like Noble or Ruest plus a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder.

Berg plays for Denver in the MLL and he's not on the PLL list of players.

4. toolytay

toolytay Guest

Agreed.
    I like Berg a lot, but it appears that he doesn’t want to be in Calgary. Denver is probably where he wants to be.

Not sure what Calgary would want for Berg either. A pile of draft picks for sure.
    While I would love to have Noble or Ruest, I am not sure that Calgary would want to disrupt the left side with Dickson getting back into the swing of things.
    Maybe Benesch or McLaughlin with a 1st and 2nd?

5. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

There’s no way Colorado is giving up Benesch or McLaughin plus a 1st and 2nd. Berg is good, but not that good. Also, no way numbnuts Mike Board and Malawsky(who really calls the shots) will ever trade Berg to a team in the West.

6. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Berg is arguably worth a first rounder and a body, or a second or deeper with one of the better bodies. No way its, like, Benesch and a high draft pick that they sorely need.

New Fan likes this.
  7. R.J

R.J Guest

Considering Berg doesn't even want to play in Calgary anymore, a 1st rounder should be more than enough to acquire him. Although, Sask got 2 firsts for Jones, and New England got 2 firsts for Crowley, so who knows...

RockStar likes this.
  8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

That's what I am thinking. Calgary can maybe get a first and spare parts on a sign-and-trade.

9. R.J

R.J Guest

Should work, and Colorado is clearly thinking about next season anyways, so I wonder what the hold up is ?

10. toolytay

toolytay Guest

Yeah it is wishful thinking that we would get a top forward and draft picks. I would be happy with anything decent at this point.

11. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

As I said in previous post. Not a chance Berg will be traded to a team in the West. My prediction, he sits the entire season. For what it's worth.

12. chuckster

If he's living and working in Denver, he may not be able to go East. The Rush have 3 1st rounders next year so they have draft capital to work with that could make this trade happen (if they wanted to make it happen).

Calgary may have their hands tied by Berg and Colorado seems the most logical place to trade to.

13. Starting to hear some rumblings of Berg going to Colorado. Now that Keogh was traded back to Rochester, there's an open righty spot there. Either possible trade bait for this year or at least next season free agency. Food for thought there. I love Wes Berg here in Calgary, and he's a good player and would be a huge assest to any team especially when utilized properly.

14. unspoken

unspoken Member

Problems for the Rush are currently they have no place for him, and already have a top 5 pick at forward sitting as a healthy scratch. And I would doubt they have the cap space to take him on at what he wants. Also, with expansion coming up again, who do you expose to protect him?

15. chuckster

As I said about the Rush....."If they wanted to make it happen". Meaning, if they felt adding Berg makes them better and right now, they are not in 1st place in the West and are sitting behind an expansion team. The Rush have assets (players AND picks) to easily make a trade happen.....if they wanted to.