What’s Next For Floundering Stealth?

Discussion in 'Vancouver Warriors Forum' started by New Fan, May 10, 2018.

1. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I dunno if he’s ready for the HC spot
    He ran the New England offense rather poorly
    They were consistent in 2 things
    A dreadful power play and going 8+ minutes at a time in between scoring which is why they kindly parted ways

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Again, he should at least get a phone call and if he's interested, be added to a pool of candidates.

3. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Great news for the Stealth! Like I said elsewhere, I'm not sure how much it'll impact attendance, but this can't be anything but great news for the future of the team when it comes to financial stability.

5. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  6. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

7. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Can't get any worse. At least with the Canucks on board there will be better marketing as well as a location now close (5 min walk) to transit. Casual sports fans in Vancouver were never going to go out to suburbs to check out lacrosse - but downtown location should help draw more interest. Having the Canucks behind them gives some serious credibility as well.

8. AmericanRockFan

Agreed with this. To be honest, I still call them the Ravens out of reflex to this day. Bring back the old logo, or a modernized version of it, as well.

9. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

FANTASTIC NEWS

a huge step in the right direction!!!! wow

new logo and name coming as well. Very much needed.

++++++++

10. chuckster

I guess Denise had enough in Langley. If this team doesn't succeed with the Canucks, then the Vancouver area obviously is content with summer ball teams.

Dave S-C likes this.
  11. BIG E NY

BIG E NY Member

12. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Denise Watkins gave it her best shot. Some circumstances seemed to conspire against her (brutal home record, apathetic fan base in an odd location), but I give her a lot of credit for trying from San Jose to Washington to Vancouver. I know that Curt Styres gets a lot of credit here for his successes as an owner, but even though the team's record was generally poor (she get a title in 2010 in Washington) I think her dedication should be commended.

13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

wonder what the sale price is.

Figuring less than expansion fee, because, frankly, I am struggling to think of a Stealth asset that is extremely difficult to replace......Id almost rather start with a dispersal draft and a high first rounder than whatever the Langley Stealth have contracted.....

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  14. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

I'm gonna agree that it was likely less than the expansion fee. As for the rest, tbh, I bet the league wouldn't like the optics of folding a team and replacing them in the same city.

15. chuckster

That would be my guess. It may have been low enough where the Canucks couldn't say no, especially if they get a cut of concessions, merch, etc. There's likely not much more they would have to add to their staff to accommodate another tenant. The risk is likely low for them to absorb the Stealth.

16. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

The Canucks own the building, so they'd get all of the concessions, merch, etc.

17. AmericanRockFan

So in other words, they probably bought low for a product that's gonna get people in the building at least 9 times a year. Not a bad investment for them.

18. IAmDroot

IAmDroot Guest

That likely is the case yeah.

19. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Squire (local BC sports TV guy) said the price was reportedly around 5 million which is chump change to an NHL team these days.

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i think if you own the building, the concessions, and a parking lot, your break even is a fair bit lower than the 10000 that we usually throw around.

like, if you get 8000 at average price of $30, that isn't enough by itself, but, if you then sell 3000 $12 beers and another 3000 $5 sodas, plus assorted other crap you are closing in on a breakeven scenario