What’s Up With the Rush?

Discussion in 'Saskatchewan Rush Forum' started by New Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

It’s been a few years since the Rush had 4 losses so early in a season. Looking at the stats it looks like goaltending is hurting them. 17 goals on 42 shots in the last game won’t win you games.

2. fandit

fandit Well-Known Member

Goaltending appears to be a BIG problem............so is Mark Matthews with only 40 points. He's usually up at the top of the points.

3. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Saturday Calgary got way to easy of looks while on offense. The Rush offense was just ok. They're playing like an average team and their record reflects it. Maybe complacency? They've had the same core pieces for a while now.

4. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Maybe they're saving it for the playoffs, just trying to get through the season then hitting the gas.

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Evan Kirk mr every other year

liveone likes this.
  6. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

Kirk was lucky that the west didn't see him too much before. Now that the other teams had a year to get warmed up against him, they know his tendencies and know how to beat him. Same thing happened in New England years ago. Btw Saskatchewan defense has also gone downhill some which leads to better looks versus Kirk and essentially more goals against.

7. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

I get the feeling this team can turn it on if needed. Too many players in the prime of their careers. Kirk instead of Bold from a couple years ago seems to be the only real difference. Not sure if they lost anyone notable in the expansion draft.

8. toolytay

toolytay Guest

They lost Adrian Sorichetti who was a good part of their transition. Not a huge impact though when you consider their roster depth.

They also initially lost Mydske but Sask got him back by trading a bunch of draft picks.

Calgary played really solid defensively on Saturday against the rush and Dickson is starting to find his groove a bit now. The Rush on the other hand just didn’t play as hard as they should on D. Game was really close for a big portion of it though.

9. liveone

liveone Active Member

Not having seen many Rush games this year but checking the box scores, it looks like you guys are seing the Kirk we saw most years in NE. He's either a lock down, lights out brick wall or snowballs into giving up 14+. I don't recall there being many games where he was just "okay" or "good enough."

10. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

No Cornwall (Jeff) or Dilks for Sask either this year. That is 3 of their gameday defenders from last year gone and replaced with players who are not as good.

11. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

Where are Cornwall and Dilks?

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

I believe both are in firefighter probationary periods. The firefighter manual explicitly states that to become a firefighter, you must take a year off from playing pro lacrosse. Garrett Billings did it last year, and a number of other NLL players have done it too.

13. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

What prompted this rule? Does it specifically single out pro lacrosse, or is it sports in general?

14. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

I was kidding, just referring to the fact that it's affected lots of NLL players. I don't know the details of the probationary period. I always assumed it just meant that you were pretty much on call 24-7 for that year so you had to be available.