What are your plans for 2012?

Discussion in 'Boston Blazers Forum' started by R.I.C.H., Sep 8, 2011.

1. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

The Blazers are gone, unfortunately. We are now left without a team in New England for 2012, so my question is what are your plans for next year? Are you still going to follow the NLL? Are you going to take a break from it? What are you going to do?

I'm still going to follow the league. I won't commit myself to being a fan of a certain team; it's either Boston/New England teams for me or nothing. I might, however visit other arenas to see NLL games. I am unsure where to go at the moment, but I've already decided to not do Buffalo, not because I didn't like it there, but because I would like to explore other places.

2. MCO Titans

MCO Titans Banned

Two years in a row for me. First the Titans and now the Blazers.

I will still follow the league for sure, just at a distance, again, for another year. Probably will become a Wing fan as they have acquired (or going to acquire) some of my favorite players. I will always be a CP fan wherever he lands. Just an amazing talent and even a more amazing person.

I am still amazed that a product that is just so good can not succeed and frequently fails.

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

we all say the same thing!

4. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Apparently people think SOCCER of all things is more interesting than box lacrosse. :doh:

5. T-nerb02

T-nerb02 New Member

I will still follow the league but not nearly as closely as I would have otherwise. I will still check these forums, look up scores and check in to see how former Blazers players are doing but I don't plan on watching any games online or in person. I would never root for another NLL team outside of New England and the thought of Dan Dawson wearing a Wings jersey sickens me because I know he will never be able to win a championship with them.

Hopefully the NBA season doesn't get canceled this year, but even if it does, I plan on following college hockey much more closely.

6. Wingslax33

Wingslax33 Member

I like the new look, MCO.

7. Wingslax33

Wingslax33 Member

But seriously, props due to all of the Blazers players and fans. They really had a stable fanbase and awesome team these past few years, its a shame to have it all go to waste over a stupid lease deal that the organization couldnt take care of.

8. MCO Titans

MCO Titans Banned

Thank you.

I just hope the Wings survive to play the 2013 season. My track record has been less than stellar.

9. ozzgift

ozzgift New Member

their is not enough booze to make that happen. i went to 1 pro soccer match and wanted to kill myself 15 mins in, it is more boring than womens golf.
    i plan to still follow the league and might try and hit a game or two and visit some fann cup friends .after todays dispersal draft ill see what team i want to follow.

10. MCO Titans

MCO Titans Banned

I can watch the top level EPL soccer, but even at its highest level, there is no way it compare to the excitement of the NLL. Quite frankly, I would watch an NLL game over any other sporting event including the 4 major US professional sports.

11. Eyes from Above

Eyes from Above New Member

We are glad to bring in new fans to the team but your track record..............
    it's scary.....:)

12. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

And how many did he lead the Blazers to? :rolleyes:

13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

He hasn't led anyone to an NLL championship.

He's been to the dance 3 times though, each time leading teams that probably never would have been there without him......he can completely take over a game, and in the NLL playoff format, he only needs to take over two.

Assuming they keep at least a 6 team playoff format, for the first time in many years, I actually fear the Wings making the post season and possibly going deep if they make it.

With Dawson and a few other pickups, the talent is now there to cut some of the under-producing players and create a system that can score inside and outside.

I have two question marks - defense, and depth of roster.

I think the depth will be better this year, but not sure about the D. Either way, the other three East teams will also be deeper and tougher, so maybe no gain other than O.

Also still need a backup goalie, but that's only an emergency safety net......the best backup in the world won't make a damned bit of difference unless No. 1 suffers an injury.

Should be awesome lacrosse in the East this winter.

14. PUNCH ME

PUNCH ME New Member

Come on down to Philly Blazer fans. We can get along now.

15. JCJarhead

JCJarhead New Member

Long winter...

I guess I may buy Cannons ST...I always get to 2-3 anyhow.

On another note: How long until they move this forum to the dreaded "suspended teams" forum? From which there is no return...:cry:

16. BlazerCannon8

BlazerCannon8 New Member

Anyone still waiting on their STH refund? I was told this past Tuesday, and it's now Friday.

17. Kosty

Kosty New Member

I have not gotten mine either but I thought they had said it was until the end of September.

18. Zlax45

Zlax45 New Member

I was told September 15th for mine....

19. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

If the wings could survive Roy then Im sure they can survive you!

20. JCJarhead

JCJarhead New Member