what does coq do after losing berg to msl?

Discussion in 'BCLA Forum' started by dougm, Jun 6, 2015.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

i thought the big trade by coq with the timberman was so that they could keep berg once his junior career is over. well that move backfired since berg will be playing in oakville this summer. anything coq can do to as they are 1-2.

2. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

Who cares? I know I don't

3. MalayLaX

MalayLaX New Member

Coq might care...

4. The Hamburgler

The Hamburgler New Member

I bet the guy who sews the name bars on the jerseys cares.

5. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

What choice did Coquitlam really have. Berg had asked to go back east to play you can either tell him no potential **** him off and have him not wanting to play for you down the road after Coquitlam had just given up a ton of talent and picks to draft him or let him go and try and keep him happy.

I think they made the right move to keep Berg happy and to have him in lineup in the future. With or without Berg in the lineup this Coquitlam team wasn't going to make the playoffs. There offensive talent is horrible right now for a WLA team.

6. cdngoalie

cdngoalie Member

Well I think it's safe to say that Berg cost the Adanacs GM his job. Make your future franchise player happy and it cost their GM his job. Jenner wrote that the Berg situation was in his opinion what happened. Rumblings around Poirier on Saturday was that the GM was let go because the President of the team did not like the current roster and felt that the Adanacs would have a poor season. I know it's early but they are 3-2 now and after watching them on Saturday they have a decent team with a solid goalie and big D and the O seem to be working well together, sure there are no real superstars on the team but i like this group. I am picking them to be the dark horse of the league and calling it now, Coquitlam sneaks into the playoffs in the 4th spot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015