What's everyone listening to these days?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by sslaxfan, Apr 17, 2006.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Grace Potter

2. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

catching up....

Pax Cecilia "Blessed Are The Bonds" post rock edgier gloomier version of Comets On Fire

Uriah Heep "Salisbury" basically grabbed copy for the title track One of those throw everything up against the wall and see what sticks. I don't get the Heep.

Phideaux "Number Seven" most consistent prog act right now

3. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again" (R.I.C.H. Remix)...I'm actually still working on this remix. It's coming along nicely so far.

4. Eyes from Above

Eyes from Above New Member

Phineas and Ferb-Rollercoster "The Musical",damn songs are too catchy and get stuck in my head.

5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

ditto - brilliant pop songs

6. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Shinedown- Diamond Eyes

Kickass.

7. Vin

Vin Active Member

Just a smattering....

On-line, I often listen to KROQ2 from Los Angeles.
    (www.roqofthe80s.com)

On Sirius/XM, I'll often listen to "Electric Area" or "1st Wave".

However, these are often part of my "set list" of recorded songs that I've discovered one way or the other....
    100% - Angelspit
    Alone - Moby
    Blue Monday - New Order
    Bodyrock - Moby
    Colours - The Sisters of Mercy
    Creeping Death - Metallica
    Dance - Ratt
    Disintegration - The Cure
    Disposable Heroes - Metallica
    Eighties - Killing Joke
    Everloving - Moby
    Going Under - Devo
    Have a Cigar - Pink Floyd
    Homosapien - Pete Shelley
    Hook In Mouth - Megadeth
    How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
    I Feel Love - Donna Summer
    I Love A Man In A Uniform - Gang of Four
    Leper Messiah - Metallica
    Machete - Moby
    Master of Puppets - Metallica
    Megalomaniac - KMFDM
    Myopia - Moby
    Nothing To Lose - Arcade
    Peace Sells - Megadeth
    Pigs (3 Different Ones) - Pink Floyd
    Porcelain - Moby
    Prayers For Rain - The Cure
    Reach For the Sky - Firehouse
    Song 2 - Blur
    Sonne - Rammstein
    Storm Chaser - Ryan Farish
    Stripped - Rammstein
    The Light Between Us - Falling You
    The Private Psychedelic Reel - The Chemical Brothers
    Theme song from Africa (the PBS show)
    This Sh*t Will F*ck You Up - Combichrist
    Timeagain - Hands Upon Black Earth
    We Are All Made of Stars - Moby
    You're In Love - Ratt

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  8. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

I see you're in to EBM. Sweet.

You should check out ebm-radio.com. They have a radio show that also out on podcast called "The Invasion". I think you'll like it.

9. Vin

Vin Active Member

Thanks! I signed-up!

I don't know if I like EBM, per se, but I do like dark electronic stuff. For instance, I just discovered who did the theme song to PBS's Secrets of the Dead. The song is "Secrets of the Dead" by Zoar from their album "In the Bloodlit Dark". I'm listening to it right now as I type.
    http://www.soundike.com/song/640219_Zoar_In_The_Bloodlit_Dark_Secrets_Of_The_Dead_mp3_download.html

EDIT: Wow. I bought "Secrets of the Dead" yesterday morning and now my buddy at work and I listen to it all day long. The minute or so that you hear on the PBS show is cool, but the whole song is fantastically creepy yet addictive. You could imagine that it's the theme song for an evil menacing predator about to make a kill. This is the perfect song to play on Halloween if you DON'T want kids to come to your house.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
  10. Vin

Vin Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
  11. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

well a more popular one for me that i'm starting to like is grace potter and the nocturnals...smoking live stuff.

12. R.I.C.H.

R.I.C.H. New Member

13. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I've been diggin' me some Avenged Sevenfold lately.

AmericanRockFan likes this.
  14. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

RyanP is listening to Rockabye Baby cds.

15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Out of nowhere, I've started listening to this British rap artist named Wiley. I discovered him while watching the press conference for the Anthony Joshua/Wladimir Klitschko fight tomorrow night when they played one of his songs during the Anthony Joshua preview montage.

16. AmericanRockFan

One of the best rock bands of the last 10 years.

17. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Some of the heavier flavours of prog-metal, e.g. Meshuggah, Animals as Leaders, are in heavy rotation on my car deck lately

Polyrhythms are the coolest things ever when they are in the hands of talented musicians.

plus the new Metallica......the bonus disc that came with the special edition has some fantastic sounding live classics, plus some new covers of Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, and Rainbow

Otherwise, at work, I just stream Crucial Velocity. Nice mix of classic hard rock/metal, and some deliciously heavy stuff.

18. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Actually, Avenged Sevenfold is opening for Metallica this summer. I'm not huge on the studio stuff I have heard, but, will go into the show with an open mind.

19. AmericanRockFan

If the 100s, 200s, and 500s at the Rogers Centre weren't already sold out for this, I'd really give some thought to going. I'm not travelling all that way to get mauled in a mosh pit :eek:

20. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

Anthrax, Killswitch-Engage, and The Devil Wears Prada this week on a general admission floor.

I'm way too old for mosh pits too.....last time I actively slammed might have been Motörhead or The Sex Pistols a million years ago.

Still, love the music and the energy. Staking out a spot back by the sound booth and dealing with whatever bumping I have to.....I'm actually sturdier and stronger now than in my 20s, so I'll be fine :) .