What's everyone listening to these days?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by sslaxfan, Apr 17, 2006.

1. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark just scooped up some sweet tickets to see the U2 perform in a few months. BE JEALOUS, BITCH BAGS.

2. wacklax

wacklax Member

posers is all they are

3. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I would say congrats if it were to the original Joshua Tree tour........... in.1987. That was an amazing show at JFK stadium. Over 100K.

I will be going to see Queen with Adam Lambert in July. Ne et saw Queen, so it will bw a first. No one can replace Freddie, but Adam is as close as they will get in terms of theatrics and a good voice.

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

What section and row are you in? Sect H and row 42?

5. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

The Ardmore Aardvark says WOO WOO WOO, YOU KNOW IT!

;)

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm debating going to see Marilyn Manson in Toronto in October....

RockStar likes this.
  7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

^^I was toying with the same thing, but, this millenium's best metalcore band (The Devil Wears Prada) is in town the same week.....I'm already in for that.

Can't wait to see them headline.....they were unbelievably good in an opening slot for Anthrax this summer.

8. Liason

Liason Guest

9. MrWilson

MrWilson Member

I love the new album from Malevolence, a band from the UK. Think Lamb of God, Crowbar and Hatebreed thrown in a blender...fast, heavy and groovy.

10. RockStar

I just discovered that Wacken open air fest has a youtube channel showing sets from everything between Steel Panther to Vader.

Enjoying!

11. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

This was pretty alright!

12. RockStar

Listening to Slayer's latest. Had only heard the tracks they played live last year.

It's alright, but, it's not magic.

Miss Hanneman

13. MrWilson

MrWilson Member

I agree with the Slayer assessment. Good, but not great. Personally, Cast the First Stone, When the Stillness Comes, Implode and Piano Wire are the stars of the album. Piano Wire is the only song that had Hanneman riffs in it. The rest was Kerry King. I would like to hear Gary Holt add some of his influence to Slayer, but not sure that will happen. I guess Kerry has 4-5 songs about complete for a new record. It's Slayer, so I'll buy it....

You can check youtube for more Malevolence. They have only two albums and not a bad song on either of them. I just love the groove they have. Wish they got more exposure over here, but there's not a lot of outlets to get new metal heard (at least here in Upstate NY).

14. RockStar

I was a fan of Holt's work with Exodus in my younger years, and, I thought he did justice to the Hanneman leads live......if the Slayer guys 'let' him do any writing, the next record might get a bit interesting.