Whats Going On In BC

Discussion in 'Vancouver Ravens Forum' started by saugin, Nov 27, 2010.

1. saugin

saugin New Member

Well another year going by with no new team in Vancouver, or any place else. But the league has expanded it's regular season to 18 games, which they seem to think is important.

2. saugin

saugin New Member

Is it not obvious now where the Stealth belon?

Attendance 3,022.

3. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Nope. The Stealth have signed a long-term lease and can obviously afford to pay the bills with these kind of numbers and their cheap rent.

They obviously don't have the obstacles that any Vancouver NLL team will have to face.

4. saugin

saugin New Member

OK, then all I can say is "what's the point?".

5. saugin

saugin New Member

Obstacles

Looks like the Stealth have an obstacle in that it appears they have no arena to play in next weekend.

They appear headed to BC which is where they belong any way.

6. theSloth

theSloth Member

7. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

8. saugin

saugin New Member

Sloth, pleased I am, and Dave, who let the cat out of the bag?

9. theSloth

theSloth Member

sauginres, this must give you a bit of wood....

http://www.ilindoor.com/2013/05/14/nll-langley-are-encouraged-by-fan-support-in-langley-for-champions-cup-game/

[​IMG]

With a cute little pic that actually makes the place look full. :rolleyes:

10. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

11. saugin

saugin New Member

. If it's anything like the ACC half the crowd are always on the move getting a beer or something to eat. You'll always see empty seats on TV.

12. theSloth

theSloth Member

Nah... I was there... same big batch of seats, right behind the benches, empty the whole game. Same with both ends. If all those seats were sold, no way did everyone show up.

13. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Funny how the capacity is 5,500... then the day of the game 300 seats automatically went missing so it could be "sold out".

14. saugin

saugin New Member

I'm feeling lazy.Can anybody tell me the average attendance of the teams in the Senior A loop?

In Ontario it appears to be between 200-300, with the exception of Peterborough which is almost always sold out. Even Six Nations which boasts the likes of Colin Doyle and Cody Jamieson only drew 200 or so for the last home game.

15. theSloth

theSloth Member

All I could find with a quick Google was this

Which seems massively misleading.... I've been to a couple Coquitlam games, on a Saturday night, and I question attendance #'s of 1200.... aside from that... they are reporting from the top 3 drawing teams. Burnaby games, are pulling in 2 or 300.... same with the Langley games I've seen.

16. saugin

saugin New Member

Nevertheless, with the exception of Peterborough,far more impressive than the Ontario average.

Which makes me once again ask, why the hell is there an NLL team in Toronto and not one in Vancouver?

Thank you for getting me those figures.

17. theSloth

theSloth Member

I really think those figures are very misleading..... While I'd be overjoyed to have an NLL team here.... I don't see the support for one. I think one of 3 NLL games have sold out in 3 years in Langley.... and the Champions Cup game didn't even sell out.

I've heard the argument that the Stealth is not Vancouver's team... but, it's my humble opinion that there simply isn't enough interest in lacrosse to support an NLL team here.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

18. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

You also have to realize their is a lot more jr A and B teams in Ontario that fans go to than the Sr A league in BC you get a couple of hundred fans out maybe to a playoff game in Jr A and once u take away the parents and friends that come out its the same group of fans that go to the WLA games. It's almost like u see the same people at every game with the smaller crowds unless u are at a coquitlam or New West Sr A game and kidna of shocked new west draws less than coquitlam would say think that is the other way around.

19. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

Just look at the fans that have been at the last 2 Mann Cups and last Minto 2-12 of the Mann cups games have been sold out and all of them other than the last 2 games in new west were under 3000 crowds and the whole Mann cup in Langley and Minto cup in coquitlam was under 2000 fans and some games under 1000 if they can't get fans out to these national chsmpionship how can u expect BC to support a NLL team unless they find a lot of fans who haven't seen or heard of lacrosse before.

20. whose house

whose house Member

New nll team that's what is going on in BC