What's Wrong with Aaron Bold?

Discussion in 'Saskatchewan Rush Forum' started by Gravedigger, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Consistency has never been Aaron's strong suit. He's prone to having games that make you want to rip your hair out, then follow it by stealing the next game. Heck even in game, he'd be aunable to stop a beach ball one quarter, then be a brick wall the next.

The past few games he's been thoroughly outplayed by Ward, Del Bianco, Belanger, and Ward again, and it's made what should be blowout wins 1 goal games and in the case of Vancouver, a loss. The second Aaron Bold needs to show up if the Rush want another shot at a championship.

2. fadlaxdad

fadlaxdad Member

Gravedigger - I don't understand the criticism of one of the top goalies in the league. His current stats have him at 10.84 GAA and SVP .765. Last year he finished the regular season as the top goalie with GAA 10.30 and SVP .761. 2015 regular season stats GAA was slightly better at 9.44 and SVP .779. Seems to me there is not much to quibble about in terms of his consistency. I think overall the inconsistency may be with team defence this season. There really isn't much to complain about though. The team is gritting it's way through another season and putting the W's up. A threepeat season is an extraordinary task to achieve. If they do make it again this year - Bold will be an important part of it.

3. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

People in ROC say the same thing about Vinc. There's no goalie out there thats gonna be a brick wall 100% of the time. Everyone is gonna let in a some beach balls every once in a while. As much as you need immense skill to be an NLL goalie, its also still a guessing game and everyone's gonna guess wrong every once in a while. It's unfortunate that the two teams with the best goalies can't seem to understand this.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

LOL at criticising Vinc......if it's a lesser goalie in those pipes, Rochester may not have a single win!

dougm likes this.
  5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

as for Bold, I have not watched enough to decide if it's any different than years previous. With this defense, most goalies will have decent stat counts. Bold's year over year number look pretty consistent and the wins are being collected.....

6. Wow, you guys are tough on Boldy. Considering he plays EVERY game with no relief (that one game with Tyler Carlson in net showed the backup needs a lot of work).