What's wrong with the MLL?

Discussion in 'MLL Forum' started by TofuBomb, Sep 14, 2018.

1. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

I've been watching a couple of old games on YouTube and there look like there are about 15 people in the stands. It's crazy! Some of my high school lacrosse games were better attended.

Why isn't MLL catching on?

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I don't follow them that closely but one thing is that they are starting the season too early for outdoor games in April. They seem to pick up steam as the summer goes on.

One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes the cameras are on the same side as the people in the stands. So when the camera pans the field, the stands on the opposite side are empty.

3. TofuBomb

TofuBomb Guest

Good point about the camera angle

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Wasn't the MLL supposed to die when there was that data breach/leak thing last summer?

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Outdoor lacrosse is boring thus why 75 people go

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'd watch outdoor lacrosse if they put boards along the perimeter of the field so there was less stops in the action :p

For myself, since I was exposed to box lacrosse at an early age through the Knighthawks and Bandits, field lacrosse always seemed a little more boring and foreign to me. Now, had I grown up further south and had attended Johns Hopkins, North Carolina, or Duke games growing up, then I'd probably be more favorable to the field game. I went to a Syracuse/Hopkins game last year at the Carrier Dome though, and had a good time, and I'll probably go again this year.

7. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Mehhhhh

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018 at 4:38 AM