When will the Wings win their first game?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by swami24, Jan 4, 2019.

?

When will the Wings get their first win?

1. @ Tor

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Vs Swarm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. @ bandits

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Vs Toronto

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Later this year

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Next year

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

When do they break the ice?

2. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Well-Known Member

Feb 16 at home against New England

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Not today.

4. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

This

5. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

When do they play the warriors?

6. Wings-4-Life

Not until April when they finish with 3 straight road games @ CGY, SSK, and VAN. Not a fun finish.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is that the Wings will start out 0-15, then win their final three games of the season that are all on the road to finish 3-15.

8. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

Considering how the Wings had the game tonight and then blew it. I think the rematch against Toronto at home might be their time to break into the win column.

9. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

The team is competitive, just missing that offensive spark. Could win any game, just need offensive guidance.

10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Toronto is going to waste their solid-ish d and goaltending with underwhelming offence a few more times this year, so Wings maybe get them at Philly or next trip here......

Couple takeaways for each side:
    -if not for Toronto's offence coughing up so many bad transition chances, this isn't even close......this is like an old school, early ought decade Bartley special...low to mid single digits for Wings goals.

-the Wing(s) that took the ill thought shots on the delayed penalty and the power play at the end better be buying the beers for the next three weeks or so......I have not seen late game foolishness like that since D'Arcy Sweet's moment of infamy a million years ago.

Gutsy call by Rock coaches to put Schreiber, and I think Hellyer, out for the last defensive stand......need a transition shooter you can trust to take it to the hole and try to finish.

Nice to see Jonesy get in on it, but, I am not sure any of the other lefties even had more than five touches all night......felt similar with everyone not named Schreiber on the other side. Need to distribute a bit more, get something resembling a threat from crease to open up the top a bit better......this attack performance on a better D is also a mid single digits effort.....

11. swami24

Well, i thought last night. Let's hope they break.the ice next week.

12. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

Maybe this week when they have the throwback sweaters on, heard a rumor they were wearing one

13. Wings-4-Life

Considering it's throwback night, that would be a pretty good guess.

14. swami24

Somewhere, I. think I still have a wings MAB painters cap. They gave them out twice.in the 80s. It is probabaly too decrepit to wear. I didnt buy a jersey until 97, cause the old battleship grey ones were just too ugly.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I gotta admit that starting 0-5 is a lousy way for the Wings to come home.

I could say that being an expansion is part of the problem - and it is - but San Diego is an expansion too and they are doing well in the West.

I hope the Wings win one soon - I really do. I'd hate to think that they are going to master their Charlotte Cobras impression.

16. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

If you had an internet connection that wasn’t 1997 you’d prolly see the wings are close to winning
    Charlotte flat out sucked I’m offended

17. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

My Internet connection is not from 1997 and neither are my devices.
    My wi-fi works fine; it's just not exclusive to me. That seems to be _a_ root cause.
    BTW, I checked although I don't trust the source: no HDMI for me.

Fine, I did not mean to insult with Charlotte. How about 1st year Edmonton? ;)

Really, though, I do want the Wings to win and soon.

18. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Well-Known Member

I was thinking more Syracuse Smash.

19. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

The throwbacks they’re wearing are pretty fire

20. Wings-4-Life