1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

When will this stop?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by CrocodileLax, Mar 30, 2018.

1. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

An entire half and the Rock forwards have no points.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

beat me to the same post I was going to make.

hilariously bad.

if I am Codd, I am quietly telling all of my guys to take it to the hole and shoot everytime the rushing D/Ts are not outmanned.

certainly won't score any fewer than Manning's guys

3. RockStar

you at next game, Croc? Maybe like to have a beer with you then and commiserate about this theme.

4. CrocodileLax

I may be working but if I make it, I'm always happy to meet a new face.

I could use the shoulder to cry on tonight. At least the D showed up to score.

5. CrocodileLax

PS - Jamie, Josh, after 45 minutes no forward has scored. Your buddy Blaine is setting a record for futility. I'm assuming that's your master plan as you keep him around. Congrats gang!

6. CrocodileLax

53 minutes in, the goalie has more points than Hickey, Hellyer and Jones.

RockStar likes this.
  7. CrocodileLax

No traffic in front of the goalie, too few shots, predictable shots when taken. Zero points from your forwards. 1st place in the east on the line. Le sigh.

8. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Does any team in the East want to claim first place? Such a tight race between the 5 teams. There is a likelihood that the two teams who will be eliminated from the playoffs could have a better record than the Roughnecks who are likely already in the playoffs with a 5-8 record. Should we mention the word crossover? :)

RockStar likes this.
  9. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Laddy was framed.

RockStar likes this.
  10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

That was a bizarre game for the Rock. But Ward was solid in net so props to him for keeping what he saw from the Rock O out of the net.

11. RockStar

not a lot of motion, few clean looks, no crossfloor feeds, not much inside game just standing shots from shooter position at 15' or further.......and most of those into Ward's breadbasket or stick.

not many loosies for repeat looks either.

D and Rose play well and mark 6, you should win. Squandered another solid outing. :(

12. RockStar

(cant wait to see the FB discussion.)

13. CrocodileLax

It's at the stage where I hope the D plays a two way game and they sit Jones and Hickey. Maybe Schrieber's comeback will make a difference.

14. RockStar

Predictable - folks saying that we need to see Miller to have a chance at winning :D

15. AmericanRockFan

Better get Paul Rabil on the phone because that'll sell out the Air Canada Centre and give Dawick more money to spend on a better offense ;)

RockStar likes this.
  16. RockStar

the same genius made a Rose-bashing post.

like, after watching last night's game, you figured that the biggest problem was that it looked like Rose whiffed a couple.

And after watching 3/4 of a season where the average goals-for in a loss is under 9, you figure Miller is going to make a measurable difference and find/steal the wins in some of those?

FB Rock fans suck the big skin banana!

17. AmericanRockFan

The Rock Facebook discussions remind me of when I used to listen to JaysTalk after a Jays blowout loss just cause I wanted to hear idiots rant and whine.

In other news, I wonder how many of those idiots think we're idiots for thinking we're smarter than those idiots.

18. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

FB Bandits fans are the same way. Does anyone on the Rock FB page say that the Rock would win more just by having more Natives on the team?

RockStar likes this.
  19. CrocodileLax

I'd hoped for Randy Staats and Johnny Powless to jump ship at the start of the season though I don't think Native players alone will save the day. I don't recall too many posts about it otherwise.

RockStar likes this.
  20. AmericanRockFan

I'm yet to see "Rock need to sign Natives!" messages on there, but anti-Nick Rose are probably the most prevalent from the handful of times I've creeped on there.