When will this stop?

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by CrocodileLax, Mar 30, 2018.

1. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

I would say 15 at most. I’m in 109 and didn’t hear or see literally one single rock fan.

2. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Kai penalty at end of game reported as leaving the bench during an altercation that would mean the Rocks head coach misses the final.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

It was pandemonium coming down the escalators into the arena atrium after the game as the horde of 2,500 Torontonians strong, loud and proudly, were chanting GO ROCK GO while making Daniel Bryan "YES!" gestures.

RockStar likes this.
  4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I could certainly hear them when the wheels came off in the fourth......figuring a few hundred.

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

And I don't understand that. It was Benesch and a 4th for Crawford and Buque. So basically a 4th for Buque. He gave up virtually nothing for Buque.

6. chuckster

How many of them have no connection to a Rock player? It sounded to me like the same level of noise as when the Swarm come in and that's because of their Ontario friends and family in the stands.

7. AmericanRockFan

I got this vibe as well. I saw Harris' family sitting behind the bench. I'd say 30-40 or so of the fans I saw were actual fans, then the rest were either family/friends or cheerleaders.

It seemed like most of the people wearing Toronto uniforms I saw were in the upper deck. Very few of it was in the lower bowl or 200s it seems.

8. Rick716

Rick716 Well-Known Member

I feel like Higgins has been no worse than Buque over the course of the whole season. Higgins got tagged with the loss in the game, even though he came in down 7-3. His save % is virtually identical to Buque and his GAA is slightly better. I see no drop off in starting Higgins over Alex.

9. RockStar

Gave up pretty well nothing to get Buque, and, it wasn't a bad try......Tough to get a top five goalie, because, well, there are only 5 of them.

What's going to be interesting is decision on which is left exposed, and, whether either of the entries grabs one of them.

10. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

sec 209 here greats seats, always sit there

11. RockStar

200 level in Buffalo is a fantastic viewing experience.......And, they're a hot enough ticket to have lots to choose from on stubhub, but, not enough of a hot ticket that the seats trade at a premium - even after fees, I usually end up with a $20 ish US discount over box office.

12. AmericanRockFan

I like the 200 level in Buffalo as well. I usually sit there for Rock games, but I sat up in 306 in the first row for Saturday's game, which was a great vantage point as well.

13. AmericanRockFan

I wonder if I walked past you at some point during my wanderings. I did see one Rock fan in, I think, 207 who had a Leblanc jersey on next to someone in a Tampa Bay Lightning jersey :confused:

14. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Plus, you have to add DiRuscio to the decision.

15. rocklax#1

rocklax#1 Member

16. AmericanRockFan

That's news to me, since I don't think I've met any Torontonians outside by the Rock bus in Rochester since 2007 when I got Ryan Benesch's autograph, and that was the one time I was out by the bus since I joined this message board....

Sounds like some people are going around claiming to be me, since Torrock on this board claims he met a guy in Buffalo claiming to be me 8-10 years ago :confused:

17. chuckster

I think Buque gets protected. Higgins and Diruscio get exposed with Higgins getting picked.

18. AmericanRockFan

If it was me, I'd keep Higgins over Buque.

dougm likes this.
  19. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I would expose all three odds are you only lose one and there is not much difference.

20. RockStar

might as well protect whichever you think is the most desirable since you don't get to protect an additional runner.

Never know, You might be able to trade that one for the one that is picked, plus like an extra third rounder in the entry draft