Where is the offence?

Discussion in 'Calgary Roughnecks Forum' started by rigger1, Dec 10, 2017.

1. rigger1

rigger1 Guest

4 of the 6 goals last night were scored by the defence... None were scored by the righties.. in fact, Rochester's GOALIE got as many points (3) as Digby, Dobbie, Berg and Dickson COMBINED!! Not a very good start to the season... a little embarrassing to be honest..WHERE IS THE OFFENCE??!!

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i have no idea how Malawsky and the whatshisname GM still have an NLL job

3. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Well, here we go again. A 17-6 loss in their opener. Yes, where is the Offence, but also where is the Defence? Not going to win many games giving up 17 goals.

The few of the Roughneck posters on this site continue to wonder how Malwasky still has a job. As before losing seasons in 2015, 2016, 2017 and missing playoffs last year. 22-32 over last 3 years and you’re still HC. Yep, as GM had no balls to fire him. The HC will get a reprieve next week as they play the Stealth.

Just saw picture online from the Calgary Hearald of a angry Malawsky screaming at his players. The players have tuned him out. Wish they’d fire him now along with McMahon, get some new voices in the dressing room as they have 17 games left. We can only wish.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  4. RockStar

the Rock dinguses fired Clark after 2.2 seasons of similar shyte.

if they go 1-2 or worse, maybe this is as good a time as any to part ways and start heading in a different direction

5. xantis

xantis Member

I really hope Malawsky is gone soon. It was sad watching him turn the team I loved into a boring team unable to adjust to what is happening on the field. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch anymore games with him in charge. Its been a season and a half since I've seen a game, hopefully he's out soon and I can get back to loving lacrosse again.

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

wasting digby. send him back to Vancouver if you can't use him right. scigliano not impressing.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

And somehow Zach Higgins wasn't better than Scigliano....

8. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

I have to admit that since Curt took over, CGY just doesn't seem to be a power anymore but an also-ran. Of course, they did make if to the final not too long ago.

9. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Interesting stats from the game. Digby 0 goals on 3 shots, Berg 0 goals on o shots, Dickson 0 goals on 2 shots and 7 missed shots. All 3 guys want the ball. More interesting was Dobbie and Catoni 13 shots each and 3 missed each. The two lefties had more than 50 % of the team shots. Would love to know how the chemistry is amongst the O guys.

10. RockStar

Kinda used to be the opposite - it was the Evans and Dickson show, and, no one else ever saw the ball.

11. rigger1

rigger1 Guest

Certainly didn't help that Berg was a hold out and didn't join team until a few days before game.. Don't think Dickson played in any of the pre-season games either... Will see if the offence is a bit more distributed tomorrow night.. Like 'new fan' I am wondering about the chemistry in the room... lots of time left to go in season. On a positive note.. really liked seeing the defence getting involved in pushing the floor and creating offence. They are one of the fastest groups in the league when they are given the green light. Light it up!!

12. RockStar

5 goals tonight (as of less than 2 left for Dec 29 game)

The announcers just said that if the five goal count stands, this will be a new record of futility.

I repeat, how do Malawsky and this GM still have a job in Calgary?

13. RockStar

Damn, Berg just f'ed up the record.

14. RockStar

LOL, Cattoni!

11-7 with 18s left!

That's the ******* rally killer!

15. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

With all that, if the season ended now, Calgary is in the playoffs.

16. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Absolutely correct chuckster and that’s all the dopey GM worries about. They will make the playoffs for sure as Stealth are in trouble. Likely play Colorado and you know that record in the playoffs. Hopefully if they go 1-3 or 1-4 they might make coaching changes. Who am I kidding. That won’t happen.

17. RockStar

LOL, Vancouver

18. AmericanRockFan

The Rock will either win in Vancouver next week by a score of 24-10.... or they'll lose 9-8 :confused:

19. AmericanRockFan

I was looking at the Roughnecks stats this morning. Their leading points getter is on pace for a meager 54 points this season :confused: Are they missing Jeff Shattler or what?

20. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

biggest issue with dobbie and Dickson is both need the ball in the stick. wasting digby and berg sliding.