Who watches U.F.C.?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Richyrich11, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

Who will win on 7-7-07. Niagaras own Rashad Evens or Former Light heavyweight champ Tito Ortiz? :eek:

2. N Barbera

N Barbera New Member

Being a huge Tito fan and an admin on his website. This will definately be a tough fight for Tito. But who and I mean who has Evans fought. With that saying, Tito will take down Evans and g&p his into a ref stoppage. Last time Ortiz was in this position he pulled out a victory against Belfort. Evans may be 15-0, But Ortiz is 16-5 and Tito's last recent losses were 2 to Liddell and 1 to Couture. His recent wins came over 2 against Shamrock, Griffin, Belfort, and Cote. Until Rashad Evans can rove to the world that he can take down Tito Ortiz and hurt him, then he has no shot of making it past round 2. Tito trains with the best in the world including current UFC light heavyweight Champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Tito via tko round 2.

3. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

I think I have to agree with you. I too am a big Tito fan ( and his girl also). I do have to disagree about the ground and pound part however. I think Evens will surprise you on the ground. I realize that Tito is a world class wrestler but so is Evens. I hope it goes to the ground because that will make for a great fight.

4. N Barbera

N Barbera New Member

From the guard Tito can do as much damage as a guy in side control. Evans can fight but has never fought a world class wrestler like Tito Ortiz. We will definately see how good Rashad's Sprawling is because he is going to have to use it. He also needs to talk to Forrest about how hard Tito's punching power has improved. Also if Tito didnt slip and yes it was a slip on Chuck, that fight would have went to a 3rd round. Because he dominated Chuck in that second round, and that will motivate Tito like never before.

5. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

I agree....However, slip or not Chuck did hit him.....HARD. Rashad has no power, ( that I've ever seen ) thats why I think he'll be looking to take it down also

6. N Barbera

N Barbera New Member

Even on his back Tito has ways of winning. Hell Tito is also a world class submission fighter which Rashad has no clue about. The the table is set for Tito to win, and then have a face to face meeting with either Griffin or Bisping.

7. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

O.K. what about tonight,,,,Pulver or Penn? I like them both but I'm leaning towards Pulver in a standup fight

8. Ronin

Ronin New Member

I’m pulling for Rashad. Not ever really being a Tito fan, I will still say the guy was on top of the LHW division several years ago. After his hiatus, he has not been the same fighter.
    He beat an over the hill, overrated Ken Shamrock twice, a nobody in Patrick Cote, arguably lost the Belfort fight (who also has been a bust in recent years) and came close to allowing Forrest an upset after punching himself out in the first round (injury or not). With Zuffa buying out Pride and bringing in their top fighters, the LHW division is going to be stacked, and I don’t think Tito will be ready for it, especially if he can’t get this win.

That being said, I think it’ll be a pretty solid match with Rashad getting the JD.

9. N Barbera

N Barbera New Member

Dude give me what ever you are smoking. To say Tito lost the Belfort fight is just stupid. He won the 1st round with that come back, after facing the onslought that Belfort brought in the 1st 2 minutes. Reversed it and dominated for the next 3 minutes. Round 2 Belfort won hands down, round 3 was all Tito. He took Belfort down at will and g&p'd him to a decision. The Forrest fight Tito easially should have won that 1st round 10-8. Second was tie in my book, and round 3 on a bad knee Tito took down Forrest and punished him again. Go back and watch the fights again, either you are a Liddell brown noser or you have no idea about MMA :rotfl:

10. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Oh man, you are too much. Mayhaps you should remove the Tito colored glasses. You don't know jack about my knowledge of MMA and to call me a TUF noob is really quite laughable, and really shows that since you are an admin on his site that you can't really be taken as impartial.

I just gave out many opinions that many people have stated in regards to his return to the UFC. Nowhere did I say I took them as cold, hard fact. All I have said is that Tito has not been the same fighter he was since his return and since then really has not beaten anyone of real caliber.

Ken Shamrock, pioneer that he was, never evolved with the game. Much like Mark Coleman and Mark Kerr, he was a beast in his day but never adapted with the evolution of the sport.

Belfort, as I said, was a very close fight (hence the "arguably" tag). I've seen it once and said it could go either way as it happened. That result works for me.

And as I said about Griffin, Tito blasted him the first round, but offered limited offense the rest of the fight. I will say, however, the UFC gives too much credit to a takedown, even though they preach that the bottom man is not in a disadvantage position.

Chances are very good that he will beat Rashad, but I will still be pulling for Evans to win.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  11. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

It was Griffens fight against Tito that made me realize that he's the real deal. I think that forrest lost that fight but I don't think Tito beat him. I think he beat himself by being " starstruck " otherwise Tito may have been in trouble. I am a Tito fan but I think Rashad has a good chance of taking this fight. I've never seen him hurt albeit I've never seen him get hit as hard as Tito can hit. Rashad doesn't particularly have a lot of power but I think Titos chin is suspect. Anything can happen in MMA just ask CroCop. Also no one thought Serra had a chance against St.Pierre either and what happened there? I love the sport because at any given time it can make you sit up and say " Holy $hit, did that really just happen" Anyone who trains and studies as hard as these guys can do amazing things at any given time. :D

12. C-Murder

C-Murder Member

BORING!!!! That fight was uneventful, can't wait for the rematch to see those two stay away from each other again. Rashad's takedown at the end of the fight saved the draw for him though IMO. Uneventful ho hum card though after I was really excited to see just about every fight. Sherk had a good fight and Silva defended his title but not as much action as we're used to seeing in UFC cards

13. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

I think the rematch will be better because they will know what to expect from each other. You are right it was a ho hum fight the best thing that Tito could do was start off with that high kick that kept Rashad off him and made him think. The first time Tito got ahold of him he realized how strong Tito is and it shocked him. As with Forrest Griffin Rashad was to tentitive to win. He actually lost that fight if Tito hadn't have grabbed the fence. And he beat himself. Tito wants to be a crowd pleaser so I think he will make Rashad fight in the rematch. But I think if Rashad fights his fight Tito could be in trouble.

14. gmbjr

gmbjr Banned

whatever the script calls for....

15. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

If I read you right you are saying its no better than WWE :confused: Have you ever seen this form of mixed martial arts? If you have then I don't understand how you can say that. If you haven't maybe you should before you pass judgement. No fakes or scripts involved just two men at the top of their game going at it till one gives up or gets knocked out or till the final horn. Check it out sometime. :eek:

16. C-Murder

C-Murder Member

If it was scripted Cro Cop would be fighting Randy next month

17. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

I never seen a leg bend that far and the man got up and walked out. Its hard to believe there was no damage to his knee. :eek:

18. wingnut

wingnut New Member

I agree the fight was boring. The Sherk fight was way better, I can't believe it went all 5 rounds. When is the rematch??

19. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

Unannounced....But both want it so we will wait with baited breath ( is that fish ?) for the announcment

20. C-Murder

C-Murder Member

Sherk vs Penn next I heard