Who watches U.F.C.?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Richyrich11, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Cuthbert

Cuthbert New Member

The Sherk fight was horrible. I can't wait to see B.J. Penn submit him.

2. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

Won't happen is my prediction. I think the Sherk fight was awesome. Franca is much, much better at BJJ than Penn and Sherk dominated him. Franca is also a better standup fighter then B.J. that didn't work for him either. Maybe you thought the Sherk fight was horrible because you heard the booing of the yahoos that didn't know what they where watching, a master at controlling a fight and thats what MMA is all about.

3. Cuthbert

Cuthbert New Member

From MMA Weekly: "Following the fight Sherk was criticized by some for not finishing. Kenny Florian made reference to it in his in octagon post-fight interview with Joe Rogan. Stephan Bonnar commented about it on MMAWeekly Radio."

Florian and Bonnar are hardly "yahoos." Sherk himself admitted that he passed up opportunities to finish in the fifth round because he was afraid to take any chances.

Also, you are vastly underestimating B.J. Penn. At this stage of their careers, Franca is not in B.J.'s league. Sherk passed Franca's guard at will. That will not happen to B.J. In fact, I would be surprised if Sherk makes it through three rounds without being choked out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2007
  4. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

Franca helped train Penn :eek: I think you are wrong,,,,we"ll see :D

5. Cuthbert

Cuthbert New Member

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. In any event, Sherk-Penn should be a great fight!

6. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

I'll agree to agree on that.

7. C-Murder

C-Murder Member

BTW, congrats to Sherk for failing his post fight drug test. Guess you need help for all that training :D

8. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

HTML:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-roids071907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    I don't know how to provide the link but here is the address. It seems Sherk tested positive for Nandrolone and what you didn't mention is that Franca also tested positive for drostanolone both illegal substances. The story goes on to say that 22% of the card either tested positive or has in the past, including Stephen Bonner. :confused: :eek:

9. C-Murder

C-Murder Member

10. Ronin

Ronin New Member

That belt better come off his waist the second his appeal gets denied, if such a decision were to happen.

The UFC really needs to clean up their act with the amount of substances being found in their fighters. Testing positive for pot is one thing, but when guys keep coming up hot for serious performance enhancers, it casts the sport in a very bad light.

11. lambertjr

lambertjr Member

It's my understanding that Sherk is suspended for a calender year and Franco has been suspended until 1/08/08.

12. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

I have no doubt that that will be the case. There goes what I thought would be a very interesting fight, B.J. Penn vs Sean Sherk. I think now Penn and the No.2 contender will fight for the vacant title. And when Sherk comes back he will be whining that he wasn't beaten for the title. But I say he was,,,,By himself. :eek:

13. Fabio gump

Fabio gump New Member

If I'm not mistaken, After the Pann/Palver fight, BJ Penn said he was moving back up to the Middlewieght Class, so he's out of the picture now.

I think the only solid #2 now is Kenny Florian, even though he's taken a loss in his last fight. #1 is going to be a little harder to come by.

In other weight class news, I see GSP and Josh Koscheck will be fighting on the next card for the Middleweight #1 Contender spot. As much as I don't like GSP, I hate Koscheck even more. It's a shame Chirs Leben never came back after that beating to Anderson Silva. I would of loved Leben and Kos to go at it again.

14. Richyrich11

Richyrich11 New Member

Leben did come back with 2 wins since Silva fight. I don't believe Penn will move up, he tried it before and had a couple bad experiances. Why would he move out of weight class that he can dominate? I don't see anyone that can take Silva right now. (Not even B.J.). I didn't hear him say he was moving up, I'll check my recording to see if I missed it. I don't think thats the right move for him right now. We'll see.

15. Cuthbert

Cuthbert New Member

Well, at least I was right about the outcome.

16. C-Murder

C-Murder Member

Yeah, I didn't really understand Sherk's strategy in that fight, BJ was patient and got him. Looked like Sherk was just content to stand with him and try for a KO, looked like he was fighting with something to prove

17. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I do and I'll be at the fights this Saturday at the KeyBank Center :cool:

18. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Someone was really bored today, but good job stirring up the pot

19. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

It was a fun night of fights at the KeyBank Center on Saturday night, however I did fear for my safety a tad when Gegard Mousasi beat Chris Weidman as I was the only Mousasi fan within a few sections of me.

One genius beside me booed Mousasi during his post-fight victory speech, only to then bitch that he could hear the interview because the fans were booing :confused: You can't bitch about the problem when you're a part of the problem! o_O