Why aren't box lax nets secured in place?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by TofuBomb, Oct 5, 2018.

1. liveone

liveone Member

FWIW the goals at Mohegan Sun have magnets, too. I'm not sure how much good they do, though. The goals are a lot heavier then they look. I've moved them a few times for youth clinics/practices at the arena and I didn't notice that moving them off the magnets was any harder than moving them from anywhere else.

Of course, if could just be me. I'm pretty ripped.

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Ripped as in drunk, or ripped as in should be strong enough to move them?

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I’ve never heard anyone say ripped to describe drunk. But tanked can be ambiguous I guess.

4. swami24

5. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I saw a guy for the old St Kitts Sr A where they used the hockey pipes that come up from the floor he ho pushed into the net which pop off the mooring and he fell on the pipe and it gave him a puncture wound on his calf it cost him the rest of the season. I think the player was Doug Laraque. I also remember seeing a few players get damn near decapitated by the cross bar when pushed into the old nets when they failed to pop off. Having a net that does not move would be the worst idea ever

6. AmericanRockFan

I wasn’t born until 1988 :p

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

have seen a few near disasters with the old school nets pegged to a concrete floor.....should go with rubber pegs or old hockey mag-net anchors for that

8. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

I was born in 1988 and ripped has always meant being high as balls. allegedly... from what I've heard...

9. AmericanRockFan

Interesting. I guess our difference of interpretation shows how peeps in the 716 and the 585 have their own languages. On the mean streets of Pavilion, New York, "blazed" meant being high as balls. Allegedly.

10. swami24

Blazed would have been high, but not from being drunk

11. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

You really HAD to say that didn't you!

Meanwhile, I know that I am a day early, but happy birthday Swami! (And RockyNY, wherever you are...)

12. swami24

Thanks! I qualify to retire tomorrow, but will have to work another 3 to 5. 32 years with the same organization!

Vin will never let me forget with whom I share a brithday.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    IAmDroot likes this.
  13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Retirement! Congratulations! That won't happen for me - have to work until I die, which, fortunately, should be within 10 years.

14. swami24

Not so fast. Still have to pay mortgage and college debt for a while.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

... and Wings season tickets for a while! ;)

16. swami24

...and the Flyers tix I dont sell.....

17. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Best of luck selling tickets this year
    Most stale mediocre franchise hockey has to offer

18. AmericanRockFan

I'd buy tickets to see the Leafs/Flyers if the game was closer to January 26 when the Rock are in Philly.

19. swami24

Troll bait, will not bite with Gritty teeth. Only have a handful of early games not taken. Last night was a horrible game though. Reminded me of a playoff critical last game a few year back when the Sabres beat them by what I think was the same score. Place was empty with 17 mins to go

20. liveone

liveone Member

Ripped as in strong, however the ex-Navy in me really like the idea of being ripped as in drunk for youth lax events.

I'm from upstate NY and throughout high school in the 90's and 10 years in the Navy and ripped always meant drunk to us.