Will The Toronto Sports Fan Apathy Bug Bite The Rock???

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by Canadan, Jan 13, 2003.

1. HollywoodDougie

HollywoodDougie New Member

You mean that there are now THREE Americans that love the Jays!! :cool:

2. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Well, they're more entertaining than the Phillies... :rolleyes:

3. gumbygoalie61

gumbygoalie61 Member

Phillies Baseball!

I used to LOVE watching Len Dykstra dribble snuff juice all over himself and run into the fence in the outfield when he was a PHILLIE!

I hated when the METS traded him (being a lousy stinking METS fan) because he and Mooky Wilson were the FUNNIEST interviews ever. Ralph Kiner could never figure out what the hell Mooky was saying and Lenny would have a cheekulful of REDMAN and just babble and dribble on aimlessly.

You just don't get those kind of interviews in the NLL because the majority of the players have their heads on straight and aren't overpaid goofballs.

4. thrillis

thrillis New Member

just wait, if im ever in the nll, im sure meaty can testify, ill be one of the biggest goofballs in the league. plus, ill see ya out in the msoking section between periods :rotfl:

5. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Actually the Phillies haven't been too bad this year. Gotta love a player willing to run through the fence (Aaron Rowand).

6. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Buffalo might have been more about putting two new teams in hamilton/toronto and rochester stealing many season ticket holders and a move into a bigger building both of which created more empty seats which takes away the "must by tickets before the season" mentality which then lowers season ticket holders even more.

once a team has lost a season ticket holder attendence then come down to team record, weather, other events in the city on the same day, and every other thing the sucks up disposable income from blockbuster movies, concerts, gambling whatever.

7. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, I am disappointed in the lack of response to this thread.

I see that atleast four people who posted in this thread back in 2003 haven't visited this site in over a year, one who hasn't been on since 2003, but I would really love to know what a lot of people think about this topic.

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Wow.... what a shift in Toronto sports since this post....